Chapter 7 - the next day

'Miss, miss Clark' I awoke to a hand on my arm shaking me gently waking me up 'mmm' I stirred 'we've got you a coffee and a couple of slices of toast' she smiled at me holding a tray, 'thank you' I said groggily, my head was pounding from the alcohol 'excuse me' she turned to face me 'do you have any painkillers?' I laughed at myself 'of course you have them, what I meant was can I have any?' 'Ill go get you some now' she smiled sweetly and disappeared. She came back with a small white cup with two paracetamol in, 'thank you so much!' I swallowed them both.

I sat back down next to Lori, who hadn't moved since I fell asleep, then there was a knock at the door, Whip. 'Why are you knocking?' He stuttered 'I, I don't know really' he chuckled gently 'you get off home, have a shower and meet me back here' 'where's James?' 'Al and Mouse have him, they're keeping him for the week so we can both stay here' 'I need to give them a call, he's going to be worried about his sister' he nodded, I kissed him and walked out, I had his keys to his car to go home. The drive home was depressing, it was quiet and felt horrible, I was alone, my world was caving in, my poor baby laying in the hospital, was she in pain? Did she know what was happening? The more I thought the more I wanted to have a break down, I eventually got home, pulled up and walked to the door to find a teddy bear holding a white envelope. I picked them up and walked in.

*this teddy is for Lori, from all the extremely worried lifeguards at bondi hope she gets better soon* I held the teddy in close, squeezing it gently when it started talking "get well soon" it said in an extremely girly voice, which may made me hug it tighter. I put it down on the table and went for a shower. I had it the hottest I could take it, washing away the previous night, washing away the drink, the dried tears...I turned off the water, grabbed a towel quickly and walked in to the bedroom, leaving perfect water prints behind me. I sat on the edge of the bed, letting my hair drip thinking about how this could happen to us, Lori had never done anything bad in her life, so why did this have to happen to her?

I got dressed and grabbed a small bag, I walked into Lori's room and chucked in a few things, teddies, pyjamas, clothes, hair brush. I ran down stairs I didn't want to waste any more time at home. I headed to the door and grabbed the teddy the guys had got her. I may have gone through a red light a few times, no accidents it was fine! I went in the hospital and up to her room, As I got closer I could hear singing, gentle singing coming from her room.... 'wherever you go. . . whatever you do. . . I will be right here waiting for you' I walked in slowly, Whip was stroking her her softly, singing to her I let him carry on 'whatever it take-' his voice cracked and he started sobbing, I covered my hand with my mouth to stop mine from escaping 'wake up chick, i need you back, i need your laugh, your smile, I need your hugs' I walked over 'we need you back' I placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked up at me, red eyes he rested his head on my hand taking in a deep breath 'this was on our doorstep' I held up the bear and the white envelope 'read it' I handed it over 'I need to call them, update them on everything' he stood up and took his phone out, which reminded me I hadn't phoned Al.

We both ended up on the phone at the same time 'Al? Hey! How's you?' *im fine!!! How's our little Lori?* 'no change, doctors said shes fine at the minute, she's making good progress' *oh that's good!* 'how's James? Is he being good?' *james is fine, him and mouse are currently playing on the X box, and lets just say Mouse isn't letting him win...* She chuckled down the phone making me laugh 'that's my boy' *can we come and see her? James is desperate* 'think he can wa-' machines started beeping *charlie? Charlie what's that noise?* doctors came rushing in, 'what's happening?' We then saw her eyes open, she began to move 'Al she's awake, she's woke up!' *oh Charlie that's brilliant!!! Can we visit tonight?* 'yeah that's fine' *okay Hun bye* 'bye'.

Me and whip walked over to her 'mummy' she said quietly, her voice raspy, 'we're here sweet', we both took her hand, Doctors gave her something to bring her round.

An hour passed, we had been moved to another ward, until a bed in the children's ward was available, and she was wide awake, sat up chatting to all the older people, telling them about how her daddy is 'ifeguard' and her mummy is the 'best cook everrrrrrrrr', well she had the other patients laughing for hours. 'Okay looks like a bed has come available for Lori so we'll move her now' the nurse said smiling. She waved goodbye to the other people on the ward and got moved to the children's ward, which was bright, colourful full of pictures. The room she was in had five other children, all recovering so they were all chatty, asking for jelly and ice cream. 'Hey I forgot to give you this' I handed over the teddy bear which she fell in love with immediately 'wow!' She squeezed it, which played the recorded message 'it talks!' Her eyes grew wider, other parents who were around laughed gently 'awwwwing' at her.

At 6 o'clock Al came with Mouse and James 'SIS!!!!!!' He ran and jumped on her bed giving her a big squeeze, I caught the eye of a dad who was sat with his son who had just had a pot on he smiled at me. I stood up gave Al a hug and Mouse a kiss on the cheek 'how has he been really?' 'A pain in the arse' Mouse laughed Al hit him gently 'no he hasn't!' She giggled 'just because he beat you at football!' 'He didn't beat me I let him win' he sulked...

After a couple of hours it was time for visitors to go home. 'Bye bye Auntie Al and uncle Mouse bye bye stinky' 'see ya chick!' Mouse kissed her on the cheek, so did Al, James blew a raspberry. Just as they stood up to walk out an extremely loud scream was heard from the other side of the room 'OHHH MYYY GODDDDDD' everyone looked up this woman ran over to us 'you're....you're from Bondi Rescue!!!!!!!' Mouse and Whip ended up signing her arse cheeks, having photos taken and eventually she went off, not the best thing to have on a children's ward but the kids found it hilarious. 'Thats the only time you will see and touch another woman's arse!! Okay!?' They just nodded....

Eventually Me and Whip also got ushered out, Lori was fast asleep and when she woke up we would be there, hopefully. Al still had James, the house felt so empty.

'Im going to cook up some stuff' whip laughed shaking his head 'we have the house to ourselves, and you want to cook!' 'Are you trying to imply something?' I tilted my head tying my apron around my waist. He came behind me 'just one hour' he began to untie my apron 'look after I've baked some muffins' I turned around and put my hands around his neck 'you can help decorate' I smirked 'hmmm sounds good to me' he kissed me gently and then walked over to the kitchen bar stool, he always liked to watch me bake...

After the cakes had cooled and I'd whipped up some icing and cream it was time to decorate, we had a good thing going, I'd do the cream whip would do the sprinkles, I got to the last one and I "accidentally" squirted some topping in his hand 'Charlie!' He moved his hand away quickly, 'hmmm it's missing something' I sprinkled some chocolate shavings on 'perfecto!' I tried my best Italian accent I had, 'lick it off' 'no' 'yeah!' I wasn't going to win this argument 'your hand better be clean!' 'It is!!' I licked it off, icing didn't taste too bad at all, I was impressed, I squirted a small amount onto my lip 'your turn' I smirked, he moved in closer, put his hand on my cheek and moved in, he kissed me eating the cream on the way, I kissed him back, he picked me up and carried me upstairs.