Beach trip part 2

I watched as Maxi brought in the small child. Lifeless. I felt an arm grab me and pull me away, Lori too 'Charlie don't watch' Whip said trying to pull us back, 'no I need to know if its him!' I broke free from his grasp and tried to push my way through but Whip grabbed my arm and picked me up, this time he dragged me, hard. 'CHARLIE if it is him you won't want to see him like that, let the lads bring the child round and THEN we can see' I turned around and buried my face in his neck, the salt of my tears burning my cheeks.

Kobi ran past with the defibrillator in his hands, we saw as the crowd parted and let him through, we heard Maxi counting as he tried to get his heart going, I tried to turn my head to see but Whip had his hand placed firmly on the back of my head making sure i was going nowhere.

'Im a bad parent, how can I have let this happen!? He's my son!' I cried hard into his neck, tears flowing and dripping down onto Whip's bare back. 'Shhh, no you're not a bad parent, Charlie you are the best mum that I have ever seen!' This made me cry more 'nobody loves their children like you love ours' 'if I loved him so much and if I was such a good parent, we wouldn't be in this position' I blubbered. He stroked the back of my head, Mouse had taken Lori back to our towels. 'Shhhhh' he kept saying then I felt something drop on my already wet cheek I looked up and he had a single tear which had run down another one beginning to form in his eye again. I wrapped my arms around him tighter his grip tightened also.

'CLEAR' shouted Maxi the third time, each time I felt my knees go weaker 'WE'VE GOT HIM!' Maxi shouted as I heard spluttering coming from the middle of the circle of people, sighs of relief shortly followed by a round of applause. I pulled away from Whip but he still had a tight grip 'I need to see, you promised I could!' 'I know but wait!' Moments passed, but it felt like hours, Whip had buried his neck in mine like I had his until Jesse came and tapped me on my shoulder, 'is....is it?' I Began to well up, before he opened his mouth a young woman came flying down the beach she must have been early twenties if not late late teens, 'BLAKE!!!!!' She screamed as she fell to her knees in front of this small child in floods of tears her eyes red and blotchy from her crying.

I took a big sigh of relief as Jesse gave us a reassuring smile, but that meant he was still missing...we watched as this little boy was wrapped up and driven up to the tower where an ambulance was waiting. We began to walk up to see if Lori was okay when Whip's radio crackled *James to daddy, I'm in tower lifeguardening* we both ran as fast as possible up to the tower, which wasn't incredibly difficult being as I still hadn't got used to the hot coals they call sand.

I leapt up the stairs, two at a time, and ran through the door to a very confused looking little boy. I fell to my knees, the salty stinging tears rolling down my cheeks James came running towards me and collapsed into my arms 'why you crying mummy?' 'I thought I'd lost you' I sobbed, whip came up with Lori and they both wrapped their arms around. After our moment we all stood up, Mouse passed me a tissue to wipe my eyes which were now red and blotchy.

'Were you here the whole time?' I asked him as we all calmed down 'think I can help you there' said Box rather quietly 'he needed the loo, so I took him and then we got sidetracked as I was showing him all the new equipment...' He trailed off 'I'm so sorry' he ended 'its fine' I smiled, to be honest I didn't care anymore I had my little boy back. We had our little boy back.

he toddled off again, We all looked over to him, he had sat on Mouse's knee with a pair of binoculars watching the water, he'd be a good lifeguard for certain.