.:t w e n t y t w o:.

••• "When was the last time you cleaned out your closet?" Tyler asked as he kicked items of clothing poking out of the closet door and pulled the beanbag out of the pile.

I flopped onto my bed and thew myself at the pillow. "Uhm. two.. three years ago?"

"Seems like it." he laughed.

"Hey!" I mocked back, "meanie."

Then Tyler laughed again, making my heart swell at the very sound, "I love it when you talk toddler to me."

I rolled my eyes as I pulled my bag up onto my bed. Tyler went on looking around my room while I rummaged though my bag to find my notebook.

"Is this Halsey?" He asked, pointing towards a row of photo booth pictures Halsey and I took a while back.

I nodded, "Yeah. We were like 10 when we took that one."

"She has green hai-"

"She's always had a peculiar range of color choice for her hair." I interrupted.

"Oh." He sighed, "So what's under this pile?"

He pointed towards the corner of my room with a hesitation due to how much clutter seemed to fit into one corner of a home this small.

"Nothing." I answered.

My bag erupted onto the bed and papers fell out from my binder as I searched for my notebook.

He pointed down to an outlet with a cord coming out from inside the pile to the wall, "Obviously, it is something."

I shook my head, "No. It's nothing."

And to the side of my eye I watched Tyler clear the cludder, revealing the keyboard sitting over my translucent cabinet of trophies.

I sat in shock as he smiled, looking over the titles and running his fingers over the keys.

"Tyle-"

"Harley Jacobs, mini Mozart." He finished.

I sighed, "Tyler please. Don-"

"July 5, 1997. Child genius wins state youth piano competition at the age of seven after various first place wins within the community for her father, John Jacobs. 'Best birthday present ever,' Johnny adds."

Heart pacing, I grabbed the pile of mismatched tee shirts and skinny jeans I never wear out of his reach and threw them back on top of the keyboard, "Tyler I can't."

He furrowed his brows, "Can't do what."

I kicked more in front of the cabinet shelves, "This."

Once again, filled with confusion he furrowed his brows and asked, "what's this?"

"Talking about the past. Come on we've got a lot of work to do.." I answered.

Tyler sighed. His disappointment completely evident in the sound. He really wasn't the one to push, so he began to give me the guilt trip.

"Harley." He whispered.

Looking up at his perfect brown eyes, my heart sunk and I listened, "yes?"

"Please." He begged.

I waited, and nodded before flopping back onto my bed.

He smiled and moved the clothes I pushed over the cabinet and reread the titles and articles displayed. There obviously had been dust covering the shelves, but he didn't mind.