.:s e v e n t e e n:.

•••    Harley's PØV

His arms shook as he held the mic up to his mouth. "I don't really know what to play actually," Tyler added, hesitating to the feedback.

Melanie threw her drink in the air and used her other hand to cup her mouth, "just go!"

He scratched the back of his neck cracking under pressure but he let out a sigh and began..

* * * *

Music boomed throughout the house as people of all sizes danced, probably getting way to close to each other.

Tyler walked off stage running his hands through his hair as he placed the mic back on the stand.

He came over to me and Mel while Mikey followed behind, "Woah man," Michael added, "I didn't know anyone could go so hardcore on a piano." He said, patting his back.

Tyler bit the inside of his lip and didn't answer, faintly smiling yet still focusing his eyes on something else.

"Yeah." Melanie slurred, smiling widely.

She was totally out of it so Mikey decided to take her into the back to lay down.

I looked up at Tyler, probably making a fool of myself at how amazed I was, "you play the piano?" I asked, obviously sounding stupid due to the fact that I already knew the answer to my own question.

"eh." He answered, looking back down at me grinning.

He grabbed my hand and guided me to the other side of the room when I noticed a familiar face near the corner.

I tightened my grip and kept my gaze away from the corner as Tyler looked down, confused. "You okay?"

I kept my head down as we walked, "let's go home. This party is lame anyway."

He stopped me and glared, still confused, "Harley, we just got here."

I started to breathe heavily when the fog of emotion began to sweep over me, "I know. But jus-.. Can we get out of here?"

He wrapped me in his arms and kissed the top of my head, "look, you can't get over your fears by just walking away. Let's go say hi."

My legs trembled as he guided me over into the corner where Brendon was leaning against the wall with Halsey by his side.

He brought us into the group of people where everyone was either standing or sitting in a circle.

"Hey! Harley, you came!" Halsey slurred, also under just as out of it as mostly everyone at this party. Brendon however, seemed sober, which was unusual.

Brendon just stared at me, still not looking away for anything else. "Yeah. We were just about to play another round of truth or dare."

I glared back at Brendon, "what are we in, third grade?"

Tyler leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Relax, one game and if you still aren't in the mood we'll leave."

I took a deep breath, "fine. Who's going first?"

Brendon smirked and looked me straight in the eye.