"August I swear I can't stand you." She cackled. "You play all day."

"I'm so serious tho, you should be outchea wi'me, you my girl dawg, the pen to my paper."

"The teacher to the classroom."

"Alright I can't do this all day withchu, I wish I could, but this is what happens when you leave ya man alone on the day of his album release, you miss out."

"Oh my god shut up." She laughed. "Send an uber for me for noon please."

"An uber?" My eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yes, I'm at the airport right now waiting for my flight, surprise!"

I sat up in the bed with a smile spreading on my face. "You lying man."

"I swear, I'm at the airport, I'm flying with shitty cheap ass Spirit so you know it's real."

Aw damn. My girl was coming out here to surprise me. She really knew what to do and when to do it.

"You're gonna get in at twelve?"

"Nah, eleven something, but you know how all that airport mess goes. I feel like I'll be completely ready at twelve."

"Where you gonna go to? My place? Or you gone meet me?"

"I wanna meet you, duh August you know this." I pictured her neck rolling as she said that.

"You got a suitcase? Duh August you know this." I rolled my eyes as if she could see me.

"Nah actually, I stuffed my Birkin."

"Nadia had to have been given that purse by a sugar daddy, there ain't no way she buying you a damn Birkin." I shook my head with a laugh.

"Okay you need to fight me, cause you keep on coming for my best friend, and she never sends for youuuuu."

"I just can't help it."

I heard a beep in my ear, and I looked at the screen to see my manager calling me. Business calls.

"Fallon baby, my manager's calling me to start my day and shit, but I'ma see you later. Call me when you land and I'll call the uber for you. I'ma see you later."

"Alright babe, I'll see you later. Don't work too hard, and remember what I said, go eat please."

"Alright Fallon, I luh you."

"I love you too baby." I could picture her cheeks getting red like they always did when she used the love word wi'me. "See you and my dick later."

"Guh if you'on getcha."

She started laughing. "Alright bye bye bye, love you."

"Luh you too."

Fallon hung up the call, forcing me to actually get out of bed, now I had to call back my manager since she had hung up while Fallon and I were saying goodbye.

Now I had something else to look forward today, other than stress, talking, and moving. My girl was coming to see me.