20. Craft store at 3am.

-

-

-

Maddie's Pov
A week later

I shift my body for what seems like the 1000th time. I check the time to see it was 3:17 am. I groan before getting up out of bed.

I throw on a pair of sweatpants because I only wear my underwear and a sports bra to bed. I throw on the first shirt I could find and slip on my slides.

I grab my keys off the bedside table and my phone before leaving the house as quietly as I could because I don't wanna wake Andrea up. I know she has a hard time sleeping.

Once I got in my car I plug my phone into the aux and put my music on shuffle. I pause the song real quick so I could start my car. I unpause the song and I soon realize that Demi Lovato's Smoke & Mirrors was the song that was coming out of my speakers.

I pull out of the driveway and just start driving. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't wanna think about it, I just wanted to drive.

--

Somehow I ended up in the parking lot of Michaels craft store. Surprisingly it was still open. I turned off my car and got out.

I grab a cart from the front of the store and headed over to the painting stuff.

I see a whole bunch of colorful paints and I start putting different colors in the cart. I don't even think about what colors to put in I just start grabbing. I grabbed at least 5 bottles of 16 fl oz paints.

I then move on to the paint brushes. I only grab 2 packs of brushes because I know that Andrea has brushes too. I also know that she has a lot of paint too that's why I didn't buy a lot.

I move from the brushes over to the canvas because you can't paint without canvas'.

I see a canvas that comes with 5 16 x 20's. I grab it and put it in my cart. I then see one comes with 7 11x 12's I grab the canvas' and put them in my cart. I then see a big canvas and I decided to get those ones too. I only grabbed 2 of the big canvas' because they were kind of expensive.

I decided that I had enough in my cart for right now. If I need anything else I would come back.

On my way over to the register, I saw this blank white drawing journal. The outside looked like a canvas almost. It was cool so I picked it up. I also saw a 132 color pencil set, they were Prismacolor color pencils and I knew that they were good pencils to use.

After I pick out those two things I continue over to the register. I don't look anywhere else because I know if I do then I'll end up getting it and I think I already spent way too much money as it is.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" The lady asked me.

"I'm fine," I simply reply back. I start setting up all the things on the counter so she can ring them up.