19. Maddie?

-

-

-

Luke's Pov
1 week later

"Go ahead, you guys can go out without me," I told the boys. It's about 7 pm at night and we just arrived back in LA. The boys wanted to go out and celebrate the new song coming out tomorrow. 

In all honesty, I just wanted to go back to my house and sleep. I'm tired.

"Luke you haven't been doing anything with us," Michael said. 

"I'm just not feeling good and I'm tired," I lie. "I'll go out with you guys tomorrow, I promise," 

All of the boys agreed that we would all go out as a band tomorrow but they are going out tonight without me, which I was completely fine with. 

-

I stand in front of the house that Maddie and I were suppose to share. It hurts to know that she's not in there waiting for me to come home. I have no one else to blame but myself. 

I continue to stare at the house. I'm not sure if I wanna go inside. The last time I was in this house it was with Maddie and we were moving in. 

After what seems like a while I start to walk towards the front door of the house. I pull out my key and unlock the door. I walk in the house and put my bags on the right side underneath the light switch. 

I walk in further and shut the door, I'm now surrounded by darkness. I reach over towards the light switch and flick it up so the lights turn on. I walk down the hallway until I reached the living room. 

My eyes widen at the mess that's in the living. I see glass shattered all over the floor by the fireplace. I walk over to the fireplace. I bend down and pick up the broken picture frame, I see that the picture was of Maddie and I sitting in the grass at the park. Maddie was in between my legs and on her lap was the pizza that I got to ask her out. 

I remember coming up with this idea very vividly. 

Flashback

I sat at Eightfold Coffee shop close to downtown LA. I come to this coffee shop when I'm in need of ideas. This place is just so calm and quiet, I can focus a lot more here. I sat closer to the back of the shop because I really didn't need anyone finding out I was here.

I look down to see my black notebook open to a fresh blank page and my pen sat right in the middle of both sides of the notebook. I ordered a vanilla latte because Maddie told me I should try it and surprisingly it's actually really good.

Suddenly an idea popped into my brain. I pick up my pen and write it down on the first line. After I wrote that first line ideas started to flow through my brain.

1.) Take her ice skating because she said that she always wanted to try it since her parents never got around to taking her.

2.) After ice skating take her to the pizza shop and get a large cheese pizza. When she goes over to the swings write on the top of the pizza box inside. Write on the inside Will you be my girlfriend or Is this too cheesy? Place a blanket on the ground and set my guitar case and pizza on it.