05. Want you in my arms.

-

-

-

Maddie's Pov

Arabella and I have been on the road for about 3 hours now. Our show is in Philadelphia which is 6 hours away from Pittsburgh. We booked a hotel last minute because Arabella didn't want to drive 6 hours back to Pittsburgh after the show, I don't blame her, that's a lot of driving.

I was wearing just a plain gray t-shirt with some ripped black skinny jeans. I had a plaid flannel wrapped around my waist and I had my black converses on.

"Let's listen to 5 seconds of summer now," I said to Arabella who was driving. For the last 3 hours, we've been listening to Hey Violet, Green Day, and many other artists.

"Yeah here," Arabella said grabbing her phone that was on her lap and handed it to me. I unplug her phone from the aux cord and plugged the aux cord into my phone. I picked one of my playlist that had only 5 seconds of summer on it.

This is how we spent the last 3 hours of our trip, singing along to 5-sauce songs.

-

Once we arrived at the venue, I see a long line of girls outside waiting to get in. Arabella was starting to get frustrated because she couldn't find a parking spot, we finally found one not that far from the venue which was good.

We got out of the car and headed over towards the end of the line. I take my phone out and check the time, it was 6:49 pm. The doors open at 7 pm, which means that the people who had sound check were already in there.

"I have another surprise Mads," Arabella said smiling showing her pearly white teeth.

"You have done enough Arabella," I said to her.

"Hush, I got us backstage passes so we can go and meet the boys," Arabella said handing me a lanyard that had the backstage pass on it. I grab it and put it on my neck.

"This is too much Arabella," I said. I fiddle with the pass out of nervousness.

"I wanted to do something for us. I wanted us to have girl time together and bond over something we both love," Arabella said smiling.

"You're going over and beyond for bonding. I appreciate it. You didn't have to get backstage passes just see them in concert is amazing," I said. It's not that I wasn't grateful for everything she did for me, it's just she didn't have to this much for it.

"You're my best friend. I wanted to do this for you and I," Arabella said pulling her phone out.

"Thank you, Arabella," I said pulling my best friend in for a big hug. My phone buzzes in my back pocket. I pull away from the hug and pull out my phone. I look at it to see it was Luke who texted me.

Luke: Hey beautiful😍

Luke: Guess what

Luke: I'm not a photographer, but I can picture me and you together.