"Baby, why couldn't I sleep with you last night?" Anna pouts at Alec.

No. I was not ready for this yet.

I stand up and Anna looks towards me. "I apologise for taking your space last night. It will never happen again. I will be leaving soon." I say to her with a smile and I force myself to walk out of the room without asking their permission.

Who are you and what have you done to Emily? Ava grins as she asks me.

I smile at myself as the kitchen door opens and I feel Alec walking behind me.

"Emily," he calls out my name and I stop. "I need a word," he says and I nod as I turn to look at him.

I wait for him to say something but he opens the door to his office. I follow him inside and close the door behind me.

"Listen Emily, I don't want you to feel upset over all of this. If I could,I would reject you and let you live happily ever after somewhere else, but I can't. I can't let you leave," he stands opposite me, leaning against his desk.

"Why not? Is there a reason I can't leave?" I ask bravely.

"Many reasons." He answers me.

"Tell me." I state.

"No." He says and I nod my head.

"Then I will be leaving, Alec. I don't want to come in between Anna and you and I don't want to live here anymore." I explain to him.

He was my mate and I could feel the connection between us even if he chose not to acknowledge it.

"I said you're not leaving." He stands up straighter.

"I see no reason to stay here. I want to live my life too,"I tell him honestly as I sigh. "I haven't had it easy and I think I deserve some peace."

I would never want him to look at me with pity or let me do something out of sympathy, but I wanted him to know I truly needed to leave this place.

"I said no," he growls slowly, his eyes changing a darker colour. I take a step back.

"I'm sorry," I quickly say as he advances towards me.

Alec growls as I take a step back, my back pressing into the door as he stands near me. I close my eyes tightly, my hands in front of my face.

"Why are you scared of me?" He questions softly.

I don't answer him. I don't open my eyes. He's standing too close.

"Emily," he growls, his hand wrapping itself around my hand tightly. "Look at me." He demands and I open my eyes to stare up at him.

"You. Are. Not. Leaving." He growls angrily and I nod.

"I'm sorry, okay," I whisper softly.

He walks away from me and I can finally breathe.

"If you need anything, Liam or Cameron can get it for you." Alec says to me as I nod silently.

"May I leave?" The words slip past my lips as he nods to me.

I walk out of the room, bumping into Natalie.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She questions, looking at me.

I don't answer her as I walk past her and head back upstairs to the room. I hear her following me.

"Why am I not allowed to leave this place, Natalie?"I ask as she walks into the room.

"What? Of course you are. Liam was going to put your fingerprint on the door today," she frowns looking at me confused.