Chapter 14

Chapter 14-Oct 12, 2013 Saturday Noon

       I laid on my bed, a pillow mashed against my face. It soaked from hours of me crying. My phone kept buzzing, but I just ignored it.

       “Sami! Come out here!” yelled my dad from the living room, but I just flipped onto my stomach and cried more. “Sam!”

       “No!” I screamed back as I heard footsteps.

       “Samantha, sweetie…Can I do anything?” my mother asked as she sat down beside me.

       “Tell dad to leave me alone…” I answered, glancing at her before shoving my face back into the pillow.

       “He just wants to help…” she replied as she pulled me up to sitting.

       “I don’t want him too…” I sobbed as I grabbed her, hugging her tight. “I want every guy to just leave me alone…”

       “What about Instructor Wang? He has called every day to see how you are doing,” she said as she rubbed my back. “I know how much he is like your second dad.”

       “He is…I just don’t wanna disappoint him…like I did you and James…” I cried as she released me, staring into my blue eyes.

       “O Sweetie…You haven’t disappointed me one bit…Don’t you ever think that…” she replied with a smile; then she kissed me on my forehead. “I know for a fact that Instructor Wang will be the same way…”

       “You think so?” I sniffed as I rubbed my eyes.

       “I know so. Why don’t we go see him after school on Monday? Does that sound nice?” she suggested as she held my hands.

       “That would be nice…” I murmured as I looked into her brown eyes.

       “And James was a jerk…You are so much better off without him…So don’t worry about what he thinks…” she told as she squeezed my hands. “Now will you come with me to the living room; so your father can work on moving your books?”

       “Why didn’t you say that was what he wanted before!” I exclaimed as I started to bounce toward my chair.

       “I knew that would cheer you up,” she laughed as she helped me.