Chapter eight - Black Cats

*

"Mom!" "Dad!" "Gene!" "Kagura!" "Anyone?!"

The blue haired boy looked around frantically for his guardians, scared of being alone in the forest. He walked, and walked and walked the gravel path way, dimly lit by the candles hanging above him. Calling out for anyone desperately.

He stopped until he saw a sign,
"[危ない] abunai.. ." He murmured, looking to the left; where the arrow was pointing. He scrunched up his nose, "wha?"

Despite being confused, he continued walking. The illuminated the narrow path, that led him; to a forest opening. Then it clicked. He was back, from the future.

Clang!

The sound of metal making contact rang through his ears. He ran until he saw a silhouette; Kagu - Sherry. And on the horizon he saw a person running out of a petite house - Gene. And on the window, himself. Younger one to be exact. The two teens fought side by side. Until...

"Agh!" gene grunted, sword piercing through his shoulder, "Gene!" The female called out, before being caught in grasp of the person.

"No... No... No no no no! GENE!" Dante chanted, running like his life depended on it, but their lives depended - not his. "Sherry! No!"

Sherry pulled out a amulet, whispered something and threw it to the ground. The fragile item shattered into pieces of blue shards.

No.

They got knocked out, the young boy saw everything.

No..

Dante and Dante ran towards them, trying to save the two.

Please... No.

And then...

They were gone, A mark left behind, lingering around the sky, a dark aura.

A cat, an arrow, and quarter moon. Dante gasped, staring at the sky, realizing what happened,

"The black cats"

*

He shot up from bed, processing what happened through his mind. He clutched his blue hair in his hand, drenched in sweat.

Staring mindlessly at his palms he looked at the dark sky, illuminated by stars that shone brightly above the group. He took a glance at the sleeping soldiers, and their Acquaintance, sleeping peacefully.

He mumbled to no one in particular, "the black cats.."

[A//N]

Sorry for the short chapter, but I still hope you enjoyed it :)