Story time

*Jade's POV*

I began to trial home and my head was spinning. I was feeling every emotion you could possibly imagine all at once and it was overwhelming. Whilst giving myself a pep talk, I walked home and made a text telling Mark to meet me here. Immediately he replied saying that he would be home in 10 minutes. Great. This is really happening. Sighing, I put my phone down and went into the kitchen to make myself a glass of water. Walking back into the living room I noticed that something was different but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I shrugged away the feeling and sat down bracing myself for what was to come. My phone beeped indicating that I had another text. I grabbed it and looked.

From Bæ 😍: Don't worry about it. You'll do great! Just breath and everything will be okay xx

To Bæ 😍: Kyle? Is this you?

From Bæ 😍: I'm glad you knew me from the name 😉 but seriously everything will be okay. I'm always here if you need to talk xx

To Bæ 😍: Thank you Kyle. You don't know how much that means to me and it's good to have a friend like you even if I met you just an hour ago x

My conversation was interrupted by the door opening. Quickly, I put the phone down and wiped away any remaining tears. Mark came into the room and to put it simply he looked awful. His hair was a complete mess, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy and his body was slumped over.
"Hi." I croaked out. He looked at me and gave a small smile. I patted the seat next to me and he sat down.
"So, you're my brother huh?" I spoke quietly. Tears automatically filled my eyes and began to trail down my face.
"Yeah, I am." He replied softly.
"Do you care to explain how that happened?" I asked him although we both knew he had no choice.
"Sure. Just promise me that you won't say anything until I'm finished." He said. I nodded and he started the story.
"Well, Bart is our dad. When I was born our parents weren't on good terms. They would argue every day and it was unhealthy for everybody involved. Dad kept saying how they should just break up and be done with however they knew that they couldn't as I was so young. The arguments never stopped for anything or anyone so mum decided to do what she thought would save the marriage. She got Dad drunk one night and then made him do the nasty. When he woke up he didn't remember a thing and she told him that he was with his friends and she had to bring him home. He was grateful of this and they began to tolerate each other more and more. A few months passed and she told him the news that she was pregnant. To start with he was over the moon but soon realised that things didn't add up. He worked it out that she had tricked him and he was mad but never showed it. He kept the lie going until you were born. He thought that mum would never protect you as she only had you because she wanted to save something that had died a long time ago. He took you. One day my mum woke up and you and dad were gone. He raised you and mum raised me. When she told me I knew I had to find you and dad. Luckily for me, he is a very well known business man and when Weston told me that he had met a girl called Jade I knew it was you. That's why he brought me with him to see you." He finished. It was a lot to take in. My chest felt tight and I couldn't see through the tears.
"Your lying! I was raised by both mum and dad!" I exclaimed.
"I don't know who that was but Jade she wasn't your birth mother. I'm sorry." He said. My heart just broke. The woman that I loved so dearly turned out to be somebody else. I jumped into Marks arms and he rocked me back and fourth whilst whispering comforting things into my ear.
"I'm sorry," I mumbled "I should have given you a chance to explain yourself before I ran out on you. I'll be a better sister I promise."
"Listen to me. You did nothing wrong. The way you reacted is what anyone could have expected but what's important is that you came back. I should never have kept this from you and I'm sorry. I'll be a better brother to you I promise. I'll protect you from any and every boy, I'll buy you ice cream and movies when your sad, I'll talk to you whenever you need it and I'll always be here for you." He said. I hugged him tighter and let go.
"So, what do we do now? I've never had a real brother before." I said.
"Now? Now we go into that kitchen and make the biggest ice cream sundae you have ever seen. And we talk about everything." He said. We hopped off of the sofa and began making out masterpiece. We grabbed a huge mixing bowl and filled it with with different varieties of ice cream, cookies, brownies, profiteroles, gummy bears, cookie dough and finished it with chocolate syrup. I grabbed two spoons and handed one to Mark and we dug in whilst sitting on the counter.
"So about the guys and Abi.." He began but I cut him short.
"Don't. I'm not going to talk to them again. They lied to me and broke promises. They broke my trust and I'm not ready to forgive them yet. Please don't push it." I said. He gave a small sigh and nodded before changing the conversation.
"So, movie night?" He asked.
"Movie night." I replied. We grabbed blankets, food and pillows before making a fort and putting on mean girls. About halfway through the movie I began to feel sleepy and slowly closed me eyes. Maybe having a brother wasn't so bad after all.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
A/N Hey guys it's Jade! So here's another chapter for you all and I hope you like it! Thank you for all the support and yeah...I'll see you soon ❤️