Secrets

*Jade's POV*

As Abi and I approached the boys my nerves seemed to grow. I don't know why but I just had a bad feeling about something. I ignored it and carried on walking across the sand. Hunter and Abi wasted no time and within seconds they were cuddling by the campfire. I smiled at them and sat on the chair furthest away from them as I respected their privacy. I sat on my own peacefully and watched the game. To be precise, I watched Daniel. The way that his hair bounced ever so slightly when he ran, the way that his eyes twinkled with happiness and the way that no matter how upset I was, his smile would always make me feel better. The more I thought about it the more depressing it became. I knew that someday he would smile for that special somebody and it wouldn't be me. Somebody would get every last piece of his heart and it wouldn't be me. I sat back in my chair and hot tears began to fall but no matter how hard I tried to suppress them it was no use. Luckily, it was dark and nobody could see them even if they were close to me. I continued watching the game and Weston looked over to me giving me a look to ask if I was okay. I have a small nod and I knew he didn't believe me. He began to do this weird 'tribal' dance and got so caught up in it that the ball hit him straight in the face. He fell to the ground and started to roll around like a fish out of water. I laughed at the sight before shaking my head. He looked up at me and smiled knowing that I was okay. The boys continued their game and every so often some of the boys would give me a small wave which I returned. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I saw that I had a text from my Dad.

From Dad 👾: Wwe newd ro takk

Oh no. This isn't good. He was drunk and he only gets drunk when something bad happens.

From Dad 👾: Wgare are tou!

To Dad 👾: I'm at the beach with everyone.

I locked my phone and turned my attention back to the game. The boys were running and laughing but I couldn't stay focused. What was so bad that my dad needed to come and find me? My thoughts were interrupted by the boys coming over and Abi started a game of truth or dare. After Cameron jumped into the freezing cold ocean it was his turn to pick.
"Brandon, truth or dare?" Cameron asked with a wicked grin on his face.
"Truth?" Brandon said more like a question.
"Do we know the girl that you have a crush on?" Cam asked. Brandon turned a deep shade of red and nodded before squeaking out a yes. Awh that was so cute! All the boys hollered except for Carter who gave him a warning look.
"My turn. Uh Dylan truth or dare?" Brandon said. Dylan pondered over the thought for a second before choosing dare. "I dare you to....lick Aarons shoe!" He said. Immediately Dylan's face dropped and Aaron lifted up his leg whilst caressing it in a 'seductive' way. Slowly, Dylan stuck out his tongue and inched towards Aaron's foot. We held our breath in anticipation when we were all cut off.
"Heyyyy guyyyyyyyssssss." My dad slurred out. I looked at him and is shirt was crinkled and stained, his eyes were half closed and he was swaying from side to side. To put it simply, he was a hot mess.
"Dad? Are you okay? What's going on?" I asked worriedly.
"Sweetheart I need to tell youuuuu somethinnnnn and youllll hate me foreverrrrrr." He giggled whilst making tiger noises.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Well we alllll need to tell you itttt." He said as he pointed to the rest of the group. I looked at them and they had a mixture of expressions. Some were scared, others were angry and others looked completely guilty.
"Guys? What's going on?" I said. Nobody moved or said anything. They all looked at the floor and I knew this wasn't good. They would never do this normally. My breathing started to quicken and tears were brimming in my eyes threatening to fall out at any moment.
"Bart don't." Cameron barked.
"She doesn't deserve this!" Shouted Carter. What the heck was going on?
"She needs to know!" My dad drunkly shouted.
"Don't you dare." Abi spat.
"What's going on? Why won't anybody tell me anything?" I said raising my voice. Now the tears started to roll down my face but I didn't care.
"I'll tell youuuuuu." Dad slurred. "The thing issss-"
"BART STOP! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT THIS WILL DO TO HER?!" Brandon screamed in anger.
"Are you trying to hurt her? What will you get out of this? ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!" Weston shouted.
"Guys please tell me what's going on! What are you hiding from me? Why are you hiding it?!" I sobbed. Daniel, Weston, Carter and Brandon stepped closer to me and tried to hug me.
"DON'T TOUCH ME! ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON! Please...please don't keep this from me." I whispered the last part.
"Jade we're doing this to protect you." Hunter said.
"No! If you want to protect me then just tell me what's happening!" I exclaimed.
"Please don't do this Bart. It will kill her." Dylan pleaded.
"Bart don't. I swear if you hurt her we will kill you." Jacob spat. My father laughed and shook his head.
"Jadeeee youu-" My Dad was cut off by Daniel.
"SHE DOESN'T NEED THIS! JUST STOP!" He screamed.
"Let us tell her when the time is right!" Mark said. "It can't happen like this!"
"What can't happen? What happened to us being a family? What happened to never keeping secrets?" I whispered.
"This is more than that." Cam said. My Father began to mumble and everyone began shouting over him. They surrounded him leaving me at the back. I pushed my way through them all and they were so caught up in the argument that they didn't even realise. There were so many voices that I couldn't recognise who said what.
"Don't."
"Bart this will ruin her."
"She's finally happy! Don't you dare ruin that!"
"I love her way too much to let you do this!"
"Bart as can't find out like this!" All the voices were mushed together until I heard the voice that belonged to my Father. The person that had always looked after me and protected me. The person that I loved more than anyone who walks this planet. The person that I thought I could trust.
"She's going to find it out....Mark is her brother after all." He said. Stunned silence feel upon the beach. It felt as though my whole world had just collapsed.
"What?" I whispered in disbelief. Everyone moved and looked at me worth sorrow. "What did you just say?" I asked my Dad.
"Markkkkk is your brotherrrrr." He slurred before passing out. Slowly, I turned and looked at the now silent group.
"This isn't true. Somebody please tell me that this isn't true. It can't be!" I stuttered out. Too many things were going on inside my head and I felt as though it was going to explode.
"Jade." Mark said before stepping forwards. "I-"
"Don't," I cut him off "you lied to me! In fact you all lied to me. You all knew and you kept this a secret from me. We always said that we would stick together and you lied. I can't believe I ever trusted any of you!" I exclaimed.
"Please don't say that." Carter said quietly. I examined everyone and they had tears in their eyes except for Mark and I who were bawling.
"No Carter. You were like my older brother! I told you things that I never told anyone else and this is how you repay me?! By keeping a secret that affects oh I don't know MY ENTIRE LIFE MAYBE?! TO THINK THAT I TRUSTED ANY OF YOU LET ALONE LOVED YOU IS BEYOND ME. WELL YOU CAN ALL JUST FORGET ABOUT IT BECAUSE IM NEVER MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. JUST-Just leave me alone. I don't want to speak to any of you. Ever." I said. I started to run away but there were too many things happening and my legs just collapsed. I was left sobbing my heart out in the middle of the beach. How could they do this to me?

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

A/N Hey it's Jade! Yes this is the second time that I have uploaded today 😊 So, Mark is her brother! What did you all think of that? What were you expecting the big secret to be? Anyways I'll see you all very soon! ❤️