Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen – Sophia's P.O.V

I watched as Mackenzie ran up to Demi and wrapped her arms around her legs. I looked at her enviously as she turned around to look at me. She waved goodbye to me and I waved goodbye back. My mother stomped into the room a minute later with her boyfriend. I nervously got up and ran towards them with my school bag. By the time I was over there Miss Johnson was already telling my mum about Mackenzie. My mother faked a smile when Miss Johnson was looking but as soon as Miss Johnson looked away she glared at me. I gulped. I was in big trouble.

My mother grabbed my hand a few minutes later and pulled me out into the playground. She didn't say anything until we reached the car and she pushed me inside before slamming the door. "You're in big trouble young lady. You know that you're not allowed to talk to anyone. You don't deserve to have friends. Why would anyone be friends with a freak like you Sophia?" My mum told me as soon as she was in the car. Robert got in and my mum started the car before I had the chance to put my seatbelt on. I fell onto the floor as she pulled out of the school car park.

*20 Minutes Later*

My mum pulled me out of the car by my ear. She dragged me into the house and pushed me onto the floor as Robert when to grab his belt. I whimpered afraid as my mum knelt down beside me. "P-please don't hurt me. I won't talk to Mackenzie ever again. I promise." I begged her as I started shaking. My mum ignored me.

Robert came downstairs with a belt in his hand as I mentally prepared myself for the pain as he came towards me while smirking at me. "You know what happens when you break the rules you little brat." My mother told me as she held me down

-Five Minutes Later

"Worthless." My mother yelled at me as Robert hit me with the belt.

"Pathetic." Robert joined in as he hit me again. I was trying so hard not to cry or scream out in pain. That would result in me being beaten even more.

"Fat." My mother said as Robert hit me again a minute later. A tear slid down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away, hoping that they hadn't noticed.

"Unloved." Robert screamed at me as he hit me one more time before he put the belt away. My mother pulled me up into sitting positon.

"You will never be good enough for anybody Sophia. Even your own dad left you and you were daddies little princess." My mum said to me.

"You're worthless, fat, and ugly and I wished you were dead like your dad." My mother continued. She pulled away from me and got up. A minute later her and Robert walked out the door

I started crying as soon as my mum and Robert closed the door behind them leaving me on my own. Why did everyone hate me? Why was I such a disappointment to everyone in my family?

My mother hated me, my dad left me when I was three and Robert replaced him. But Robert wasn't like my dad at all. He was mean and horrible. He hurt me and made me play big girl games with him. He wasn't my dad, even though my mum made me call him Dad. I slowly got up, trying to stop it from hurting as much as possible. I went upstairs to my bedroom and shut the door.

A minute later I found myself looking at my backpack. My mind started to wander. What if I ran away? What if I packed everything up and just ran and never came back? My mum and Robert would be a lot happier without me that's for sure. I hesitated for a few minutes until I found myself going towards my closet and grabbing all my clothes before shoving them into my bag.

Mackenzie's P.O.V (Half an hour later)

"Hold my hand Mac." Daddy told me as he lifted me out of the car. I did as I was told and held onto his hand as he shut the car door. He locked the car before he made his way across the car park.

"So how was your first day of school?" Daddy asked me as we went into the shop.

"It was great! I made a best friend!" I beamed as Daddy picked up a basket. He smiled at me a few minutes later as I looked up at him.

"See, I told you, you would make a friend." Daddy replied to me.

Authors Note:

So another short chapter but I had to write this today because I felt like it. So please tell me what you think about this chapter and I'll update as soon as I can. -Kerri