Epilogue

5 years later. 

"Mom? Where is Emily?" Oli asks as he walks into the kitchen. I quickly push Jaxon away from me. 

"Ew." Oli groans as he covers his eyes,shaking his head. 

"Emily is still asleep. I'll go wake her up," I quickly say as I walk out of the kitchen. 

"I will as well. Eat this,"  I hear Jaxon hand Oli a plate as he quickly walks out of the kitchen. 

I try not to laugh as he walks out, a smirk on his face as he pushes me against the wall. "Where were we?" He murmurs as he leans down closer to me. 

"Jaxi!" I hear Eliza's voice as she runs down the stairs and Jaxon sighs as he steps away from me. 

"Yes?" He asks her and I walk upstairs quickly. 

"Auntie Beth!" Amanda calls out to me and I laugh as she runs out of the room with Rachel behind her. 

"Your shoes, Amanda!" Rachel calls behind her. 

"Our house has gone mad," Kyle mutters as he walks out of the guest room. It was Kyle's day to clean today. 

"It's your daughter's first day of a new school year!" Rachel shakes her head at him as I walk towards Emily's room. 

I open the door but frown when I don't see her in bed. Usually she's up by now and complaining she's hungry. 

I head to her bathroom, "Emily?" I call out to her but it's empty. 

I close my eyes, and extend my hands out in front of me, feeling when she was last in her room. 

I can't pick up her scent. It's drifted. 

I look towards the window to see it lifted as if she jumped out of it. 

"Jaxon?!" I call out loudly and Kyle runs into the room, Jaxon a second behind him. 

"Wha- vampires?" Jaxon mutters as he looks around the room. 

"She's not here."I say to him. 

"It's not Wednesday," Ryan says as he walks into the room, looking around. 

Wednesdays. Every Wednesday Emily would wake up screaming in pain. It started when she was three years old. We took her to Susan but she had no idea what was wrong. Jaxon had fallen in love with Emily. The only other vampire in our pack. He would take her out on dates and she would come back sleeping in his arms. He treasured her, protected her and treated her no differently when she went to the werewolf school. Oli had moved back to werewolf school to be with his sister. Eliza moved back. They were all together, never making her think she was different. The pack love her. 

She would come to our room on Wednesdays and she would sleep next to Jaxon. He would hold her tightly as she cried in pain for hours. 

"Let's spread out and look for her. I don't give a fuck if you're tired. Find my daughter." Jaxon orders everyone through the mindlink and out loud to us all. 

●●●●●

Rewriting Emily's book and I'm already in love with it again. It was my favourite book in the Alpha series and it still is.