Chapter 22

Jaxon's pov. 

They all retreated. Left. Disappeared. Ran. 

I stare at the rogues that run away as I shift back into my human body and turn to look at Ryan. I nod at him and he runs after the rogues with a few other warriors. Not one rogue was leaving this place alive. 

"Skylar?!" 

I turn around to see Cole looking around confused. Screams fill the silent world and his eyes widen as he runs further into the forest. 

Cherry? I try our mindlink. 

Silence. 

I turn around in my spot and Kyle stares at me but I ignore him when I can't see her.  

"Jaxon!" A man calls out to me and my eyes land on him. He gulps but points to the forest. I run to where Skylar is paralyzed on the ground crying silently as Cole holds her hand. 

"Where is she?" 

Nobody answers me. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I shout and Cole turns to look at me. 

"Calm the fuck down. I'll find her. She's my fucking daughter." He turns to look away, "Carter go get Rebecca. Tell her I'm bringing Skylar to her." 

"She's pregnant." 

Skylar's words float in my mind. She's pregnant. They're going to kill her. No. Fuck no. 

I shut out their voices. I shut out the world as I close my eyes and try to pick up her scent. 

Left. Right. Straight ahead. 

Water. 

River. 

Close by. 

I don't hesitate to shift as I ignore her family calling my name, and I run ahead following her scent. 

No one is taking her away from me. I would kill everyone. 

Bethany's pov. 

A bitch slap on the face surely does wake up someone. 

"Open your eyes." I hear her voice and I groan. 

"I'm really disappointed in myself that I did not see you as your true self." I mutter as I open my eyes and stare at Jasmine who looks at me confused. "A fucking evil bitch." I turn to look at Jake who stands on her right. "And you. Don't even get me started on your pathetic jealous ass." 

He glares at me and I roll my eyes as I tug on my stretched arms. Both of my hands are tied to a hook in the ceiling, and I can't move them. 

"What about me? What do you see me as?" That slow sensual voice whispers behind me. 

"A psychotic prick." I reply back and he chuckles as I feel him move away. 

"Leave us." I see his hand as he waves at his puppets. Jake and Jasmine leave and slam the door shut behind themselves as James walks around me and stands in front of me. His green eyes twinkle as he smiles at me. 

"These hurt," I sigh as I tug on my hands. 

I feel his hand caress my neck as he cups my face and turns my chin to look up at him. He leans down closer to me. "I will be setting you free soon. You are having a child and I did not know. Forgive me, my mate has not told me." 

"Mate?" I whisper staring up at him.

"Jasmine. The pretty one. She is beautiful, is she not?" He asks, his thumb tracing the outline of my lip, as he tilts my head a little back, his hands tighten gently on my neck.