Chapter 25

Jaxon's POV. 

A baby crying wakes me. 

I open my eyes to see Oliver crying on the bed. I had placed him in the middle of the bed with cushions close by so he was safe. I was watching him. 

You nodded off. Williams mutters in my mind. 

I stand up from the chair and climb onto the bed. 

"Shush," I say softly as I pick him up and rock him gently in my arms. 

Cherry and I had planned to name him Oliver Dylan Gray if it was a boy. If it was a girl it would be Olivia Andrea Gray. She had been searching names for a while until she fell in love with Olivia or Oliver. 

A knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts. 

"Come in." I call out and Ryan's mate, Chloe walks inside. She closes the door behind herself as she smiles at me. 

"Do you need anything?" I ask her politely. 

Politely because she's my best friend's mate, or she would not even be in my pack for the way she fought with Cherry while she was pregnant. If I could kill someone, it would definitely be her. 

"I was wondering if you needed any help with the baby and if you wanted to have a shower or do anything else. I can take care of him," she offers, smiling sweetly at me. 

"No thank you. You may leave." I dismiss her and watch as she frowns but walks out of the room. 

As she closes the door,I look down at Oliver. "We'll go see mommy now, okay, and pray she's had enough sleep," I whisper quietly as I lean down and kiss his forehead. 

I place him on the bed again as I walk towards the closet. I pull out one of the baby shawls Cherry had bought and walk towards him again. I wrap him in the shawl the way Cherry had taught me when she made me learn how to clean diapers and make bottled milk for the baby. 

Another knock on the door makes me look towards it. 

"Yes?"I call out just as I pick up Oliver again. Rachel walks inside. 

"Right, I'm here to help. I honestly don't care what you say,but if Beth finds out you haven't been eating, she'll wake up and kill me. Plus I'm here to feed the baby," she holds up a milk bottle. "I made sure it's warm and everything. Kyle is doing some wolf training." She shrugs her shoulders as she holds her hands arms out to pick up the baby. 

"I can feed him." I tell her and she smirks. 

"Unless you can grow some boobies, I think I'll take over this part. Trust me," she shakes the bottle again and I roll my eyes as I hand Oliver to her gently. 

"You get on my nerves." I mutter to her and she laughs. 

"It's why you keep me around. Now go have a shower before you see Beth because honestly you stink." She walks towards the chair and sits down on it. 

"Don't leave the room. If Chloe comes inside, kill her." I say to her and Rachel laughs softly. 

"You really hate her?" 

"I hate you all." I shrug my shoulders as I head to my closet to get myself a fresh set of clothes. 

A quick shower and then meeting Cherry. 

***

"Hey Cherry," I sit next to her on the bed, in the pack hospital. Susan had said it was better for Cherry to be here where she could be monitored every second of the day instead of at home where Susan could only come every 6 hours. I had agreed. She had been here for the past 6 hours.