Chapter 13

He didn't get to walk out on me like this. I was heading towards his territory and everyone lowered their heads at me. I was their Luna. Well not yet but still was. 

Last night I caught the first flight back to Cali and I got here. I wanted to talk to him. I didn't want him to run away from me and it was okay if he didn't want to tell me his darkest secrets. I didn't see Ryan or Kyle or anyone else I could recognise for them to take me instead so I held my head up high and walked through the pack house. 

I knocked on his office door but no one answered it so I opened the door and the place was empty. I walked inside and sat on the seat in the corner without touching anything. 

I was a daughter of another pack and I haven't been accepted into Jaxon's pack yet. It could cause a war if they saw me here rummaging through their work. 

I wait for him. 

Minutes go past and I stare out of the window watching people train. 

Hours fly past as I scroll through my phone when the door opens up and he finally walks into the office. 

A woman follows him inside. She's beautiful obviously as she laughs at something he said. They stare at me. I try not to frown. 

"Jasmine, I will talk to you later," Jaxon says and she replies with okay alpha and then walks out of the office closing the door behind herself. 

"Is something wrong?" He asks as he walks towards his desk and sits down on his chair. 

I stand up and stare at him. 

"You left," I say. 

He sighs, "I am sorry I left but I had things to do," 

"Like?" I ask. 

He doesn't answer. 

"I won't push you to answer my questions but don't walk away from me," I tell him truthfully. 

"Okay," he answers and looks through his papers. 

I stand there staring at him. He's closing off. 

"Is there a reason on why you are here?" Jaxon asks as he sorts out papers in front of him and puts them in a cupboard. 

"Do I need a reason to be here?" I cross my arms and look at him confused. 

He doesn't answer me and just sighs as if I'm tiring him. 

"I'll go," I say and he nods. I shake my head and walk out of the office to run into a little girl. 

"Sorry Luna," she says as I close the door behind me and she runs off again. 

I see a group of boys walking towards the front door and I quickly follow them. 

"Excuse me," I call out to them and they stop, turning around. 

"Can you show me the way to the library please," I ask politely and a boy nods his head. 

"Of course. We were just heading there ourselves," He says as he opens the front door and holds it to me. I step outside and he follows me along with the other silent boys. "We have an exam coming up soon and we have to pass it to join the pack fighters," he explains and I look up at him confused. 

"Why do you need the library for that?" I ask 

He chuckles, " Our trainer likes to make sure we know every word of Romeo and Juliet. He'll be fighting us and he'll ask a question about the book. We have to answer it," 

"If I'm being honest," another boy says behind me and I turn my head to look at him. He blushes a little, "I think his mate just makes him read it so he's making everyone learn it. His mate is an English teacher," He chuckles as I laugh at them.