Chapter 27

Jaxon's POV. 

I rip apart the head of a rogue just as I turn around to see Cherry up in the sky. 

Fuck. Fuck this destiny. I wasn't going to allow it to happen. We were going to work together for fuck sakes. 

I growl as I rip my way out of these people. Find Skylar. Tell her to send me up there with her. Float me up there or give me fucking wings, I'm not leaving my wife alone up there. 

Wife. Mate. My whole life. 

I married her the week she came home from the hospital. Just her and I,with Ryan and Kyle. Rachel was the bridesmaid. We hadn't told anyone. We were going to tell them today, around the dinner table which she had spent hours making the food. Her family's favourite. Today was supposed to be perfect. 

"Bethany!" I hear Cole scream and I whip around to see her falling from the sky. Ashton runs towards her. 

My world freezes as I see her falling. I shift and run as fast as I can,over the bodies on the ground. 

"CHERRY!" I scream as I run faster, my feet covered in other peoples blood as I watch her hit the ground. 

No no no no no 

I run faster until I reach her. 

"Wake up please, Cherry," I whisper as I lift her body from the ground. No heartbeat. 

I scream as I feel the bond break. Snap in my heart. I hold her tightly to myself as I hear people growling behind me. I don't care if I can hear Kyle and Ryan killing behind me. 

"Wake up please,"I look down at her face,my voice breaking as I feel the pain of the mate bond snapping in half. 

"Bethany bethany." Cole slides onto the ground as he tries to pull her away from me. I growl at him as I hold her close, tears falling down from my eyes. 

"I married her," I whisper as I hold her close, my eyes tightly shut. 

"What?" He breathes out as the world burns behind me. 

"She's my wife."

Cole covers his face with his hands and the world quietens down. Every sound stops. Everybody stops breathing as the rogues run and kyle orders the wolves to kill them all. 

A baby's cry fills the world. 

"Jaxon.." I hear Rachel voice break and I look at her to see her holding Oli in her arms. 

"She's gone." I whisper to them all, noticing all of them standing around me. Her family. My family. Our pack. Our family. 

Three Months Later. 

"What do you think? I think it's a fantastic idea for the families to have their own house. Wolves that have children can have their own house. We should build  a passage through every house that leads to the safe house as well," I explain my idea to Kyle and Ryan. 

"That's true. Since everyone is having children," Kyle mumbles. 

"How is Rachel holding up?" I ask as I pack up the papers on my desk. 

"I don't know. She really wanted a child and I told her it's going to be hard because I'm a wolf and she's a human. She locks herself up in the room with Oli and just says she needs to help him. I think having a miscarriage has really taken a toll on us," he explains and I nod. 

"She's good with Oli. Take her out, somewhere far away and peaceful and just talk to her." I say shrugging my shoulders and turn to Ryan. 

"What about you?" I raise my eyebrow at him and he rolls his eyes. 

"He's bringing a little girl with him today. Someone called Eliza and he said he's adopting her." Ryan sighs, "I don't even know if I'm ready to become a dad yet." 

"Can you believe two months ago we didn't know you were gay?" Kyle wraps an arm around his shoulder and laughs. "I can't believe you kept that from us, you prick." 

Ryan had rejected Chloe 3 months ago. Chloe had walked in naked in my room and I had flipped. I had called Ryan and told her what she's been doing. He broke up with her, rejected her and it didn't hurt him. She was thrown out of my pack. Ryan had gone to Cole's pack one night. He had packed an overnight bag and left one night leaving a one note. 

I'm going to be happy. 

A few weeks later he came with Eric and told us everything. I accepted Eric into my pack with the permission of Cole who granted it. Eric had left last night to bring his daughter from Cole's pack. Her parents had left her and she was a few weeks younger than Oli. Eric had found her last week when he had gone to visit Cole's pack and Skylar. He had found her at the edge of his territory and brought her home to them. They had been taking care of her but he wanted to step up. 

Everyone wanted to step up and live their life to the fullest. 

He was bringing Eliza here today so he could look after her. He had told Ryan yesterday before he left. I waited for you,and you ignored me. I'm not waiting anymore. I'm living my life and I want to be a dad to her. I don't want her to grow up alone, thinking she was abandoned. I'm going to raise her as my daughter and if you're, you're in, and if you're out, I'm not waiting any longer. 

Somehow those words had pushed Ryan to realise what he was missing. His mate. He had simply told Eric that he wanted to be with him and if that meant having kids, then he was okay with that. 

"I'm going to go and take Rachel out. Are you alright with looking after Oli?" Kyle asks me and I nod, quietly as both of them walk out of the office. 

My life had not stopped moving on. My heart had stopped beating. I was constantly working on trying to fix the pack house, and making a better safe house. Make a children's park for the kids. Grow more trees. Anything to keep myself busy. 

Rachel was looking after Oli. She always was. 

Rachel had found out she was pregnant, a month after Cherry had died. She was happy, it was the one thing that made me happy. She was like my annoying little sister and I was happy for her. Three weeks after that, Rachel was playing with Oli and I was in my office. I heard Oli crying so I went to check, and she was on the ground, unconscious. Kyle came running in and Susan had told her she had lost her baby. I had tried to keep Oli with me after that until a month later, and Oli was crying. I had done everything I could, changed his diaper, gave him milk to drink, but he was still crying. It was when Rachel had quietly walked into the room and picked him up. He had instantly quietened down and after that, she spent all her days with him. Playing with him, feeding him, taking care of him. Kyle didn't mind as long as she laughed and smiled and Oli made her laugh and smile. He would sleep with me, but would be with her every day. 

I had tried thousands of ways to bring Cherry back to life. I had witches, begged Skylar to do something, anything. Nothing was possible. 

She was gone and she had left. I could not keep my promises to her. 

I sigh as I look up at the clock. It was six pm. 

Oli was my priority now. I would help him grow and for him to always know his mom was looking down at him from the stars. For him to love her. 

●●●●●

Jaxon is heartbroken.