Chapter 16

Jaxon's pov. 

"You made him happy," Kyle mumbles to me quietly as we watch Ryan walk ahead of us with Chloe. 

The girl we found just outside of the mall. She said she was looking for her mate, that's why she was a rogue. She didn't have a pack and she had followed a squirrel to the mall. 

A squirrel to the mall? 

Bullshit. 

Ryan's whole face had lit up when he saw Chloe and she was grinning at him too. 

I couldn't say no. She could come back with us but she was definitely going to be watched. 

I stop walking when I smell her scent. Bethany. Cherry. She's here. 

My eyes scan the car park, trying to look for her. 

"What's wrong?" Kyle asks and then calls Ryan's name out to stop him from walking too far. 

"She's here," I mumble running around the cars until I can smell her scent the closest to a black van. I run towards it as Jasmine calls out my name. I look at her running towards me panting. 

"Rogues, Alpha. Someone took her," she pants leaning against the van. The door is opened to it but no one is here. 

"Why was she here?" I growl at her. 

She had her orders. Make sure she doesn't leave the pack house. 

"She said she had a feeling that something was going to happen," Jasmine says, her voice apologetic. 

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. 

"If something happens to her,I'm going to kill you." I warn her as I don't look back and run back towards my pack. 

After a few minutes I get there and run inside. 

"Cherry?!" I call out hoping she would magically come back. 

Adam pops his head through the living room, and frowns, shaking his head. "Luna is not here, Alpha," he says. 

I ignore him and walk towards my office. 

Bring Chloe here. I mindlink Ryan as I close the door behind me. 

We will find her, Jaxon. Calm down. William my inner vampire spirit says calmly. 

Calm down? Calm the fuck down? Are you crazy? She's our mate and she's out there, Axel my wolf growls loudly in my mind. 

Fuck off both of you. I block their thoughts from my mind as Ryan knocks on the door and walks inside with a quiet Chloe behind him. 

I growl at her. 

"Where is She?!" I ask,my voice promising death. 

"I don't know," she whispers scared. 

"You're a rogue and you magically appeared of thin-fucking-air and now shes gone. I don't think it's a coincidence," I take a step towards her but Ryan stands in front of me with his eyes lowered though. 

Not a challenge. 

"I trust her, Alpha." He says. 

"I fucking don't," I growl at him taking a step closer to them. 

I was going to kill her. Mate or no mate, friend or not friend, I was going to kill her. Ryan would survive. I'd make sure he did but my mate was somewhere out there and she was drained. Drained of magic probably too. 

Fuck. 

Our mate mindlink was closed too. Completely silent. I fucking hated it. 

"Get Noah to look for her with the others," I say to Ryan who nods his head but doesn't move. 

I growl at him just as I sense Kyle behind me, and he pushes a needle in the side of my neck. Full of wolfsbane. 

"Fucking prick," I growl at him. 

"I've called Alpha Damien." Kyle says as my body goes limp and darkness hoovers over me. 

"I need to find her," I mumble so quietly as they grab a hold of me tightly. 

"I know,Jaxon but you being angry won't find her. Her dad is on his way." Is the last thing I hear. 

Anonymous pov. 

I pull out my phone from my pocket quickly and silently as I close the bathroom door to myself. 

I call him. He picks up on the first ring. 

"Do you have any news?" He asks.

"They believe me, master." I whisper softly into the phone. "They have not found her yet," I tell him. 

He sighs, "Okay. Make sure you help them in finding her. Inform me of everything so I know when to strike." He orders and I nod. 

"Okay Master," I say quietly. 

"You've been a good girl, Love. Come home and I will have a special present waiting for you," he says. 

I reply with a yes master and he cuts the call. 

I will come home. Like always, master.

●●●●●

When rewriting this book, I decided to cut down on chapters that I thought did not work for the book and seemed to drag it on. Some chapters were not even useful. The book had about 39 chapters before(most were less than 1800 words but while I was writing it again, I changed it all and decided to join chapters together. There are a couple of chapters(this one included) that have less than 1k words because these chapters are important for the rest of the book. Now the book has 31 chapters.

Hope that makes sense. [Again, I would not recommend reading the comments.]