Chapter 12

I looked stunning. 

"Blue is really your colour," Layla says as she falls back on my bed and checks me out the way I do in the mirror. 

My ass looks good. Really good.

"Jaxon won't be able to keep his hands off you," she points out and I smirk. 

"That's the point," I say as I stare at the short tight blue dress. 

In a backyard full of Alpha's and Sires, Jaxon will be glued to my hip. I wouldn't mind that at all. It'll be good to give him a little tease.

I roll my eyes at the smile I can't keep off my face and head to the makeup table. 

I woke up in a good mood today. I had a nice long shower and curled my hair a little. I apply red lipstick as I think about Jaxon. 

He's going to come back and I could show him what I somehow learnt to do yesterday. I didn't think about Jake being the possible hybrid. I want to talk to Jaxon about it first. 

Maybe my looks would help keep him calm. Not

I was feeling like a devil today. 

"I'm going to make a bet with Kevin today. 100 dollars, Jaxon marks you tonight," Layla said and I chuckled. 

"We'll see," I mutter as I apply mascara to my lashes. 

"So that's not a no? Who are you and what have you done with 'I don't want a mate' Bethany?" Layla fakes a gasp and I shake my head at her as I stand up straight and look at her. 

"I like him and I like where things are going. If he wants to mark me, then he can go ahead and do it," I shrug my shoulders at her as she gaps at me. 

I pull the dress a little down and run my hands through my hair as I head towards the door. 

"I'll see you later?" I say to Layla who nods. 

"I want the details. I'll get out of your room once everyone is in the backyard,"she says and I nod as I close the door behind me. 

Stepping in front of an alpha is scary for a normal wolf with no alpha blood in then. It could also be a show of disrespect. Layla would never chance it. No wolf would. 

I walk downstairs, sensing people in the backyard. 

Time to make an entrance. Use the air to blow your hair a little with every walk. 

You got this. 

I head towards the backyard through the kitchen- quickly stuffing my face with a spoonful of nutella- and near the door. I run my tongue over my teeth making sure I don't have any chocolate on them as the wind pushes open the door. 

Lights 

Eyes

Air. 

I smile as I walk outside, the eyes following me as the air swirls in my hair slowly as if it's just a little windy outside. 

No. It's not. I made sure there was no wind. 

My eyes wander around the people staring and some of them eating. I see mom and dad talking to someone but I don't see Jaxon. 

Dad looks up at me and nods letting me know they'll be starting soon. 

But where's Jaxon?

"What a lovely entrance you made, darling," I hear someone say and I turn around smiling as I see Luca. A vampire. A sire. One of dad's friends. 

He smiles at me as he takes my hand and kisses it softly, his eyes never leaving mine. It makes me blush.