Chapter 19

I was back home. No more running back and forth now. I was finally back home. 

"So who's coming to pick us up?" Eric asks as he holds his bag in his hand staring at the car pack full of cars. 

"Jaxon has a meeting with the council so Ryan and Jasmine are coming," I say to him and he frowns at Ryan's name. 

Jaxon had to go in for his annual is-he-still-dangerous-to-us-all check. He had told me through the mindlink about how he goes in every year when the council calls and how he has to tell them everything he has done in the year. Like therapy but for them and not him. 

I turn to look at Eric. "Have you even touched Ryan? Felt any sparks?" I ask him and he chuckles as he wraps an arm around my shoulder. 

"I can't exactly kiss him now, can I, darling?" He says and I laugh, elbowing him in the ribs gently. 

"How about you try and see if there are any sparks?" I question and he shrugs his shoulders. 

"I'll grab him by the face and kiss him. That's perfect by me," he says and I elbow him again. 

"Shut up. Be respectful. Just touch his hand or shoulder-"

"Or dick," he points out and I roll my eyes at him as I laugh. 

"We should have a code name!" I say excitedly and he looks confused. " If you feel sparks,say donuts and if you feel no sparks,then say jam because I don't like jam," I say and he shrugs his shoulder saying an okay as we see them walking towards us. 

Ryan stays quiet and behind Jasmine as she says hi. 

"Hey, you guys took your time," I say to them as Ryan takes the bag out of my hand and stands near me. As if he's shielding himself from Eric's gaze. 

"Sorry. There was traffic," he apologies and I shrug my shoulders as I hold onto his arm and we walk ahead. 

"It's perfectly fine. So how's mated life?" I ask as he walks us to his car. 

"It's good," he replies.

"Is it not oh fuck I can't wait to see her yet?" I ask, frowning and he chuckles. 

"We're taking things slow. She doesn't want me to mark her yet," he mumbles quietly as he throws the bag in the boot of the car. Eric walks towards us to put his bag inside and Ryan walks around the car to the drivers side. 

He sits inside and I sit in the passengers side. Eric and Jasmine sit in the back. 

Talk to Eric please I mindlink Jasmine who says yes Luna. 

She's still needs to get the hang of calling me Beth. 

I turn up the music a little pretending to listen to it as I mindlink Ryan. Jaxon had accepted me into the night he had marked me. I wasn't officially the luna but I was part of the pack.

How do you feel about taking things slow? I ask him. 

I'm okay with taking things slow. He replies half heartedly but then his head to look at me for a second. Are you going to give me mate lessons? 

I laugh loudly and they quieten down behind me, looking confused. 

"If you need them Ryan, I'm always here,"I tell him honestly and he smiles at me. 

"So who's changing the channel?" I ask just as Ryan reaches forward to turn it on as well as Eric who leans over through the middle. 

"Donuts!" Eric exclaims as Ryan pulls his hand back quickly.