Guess what? Today is my birthday (your birth date), and my father was supposed to drop a gift for me today, I'm still waiting for it. Hopefully he hasn't forgotten, but oh well, I still have my mother.

What was your favorite memory of high school?

Sincerely,
Your high school senior

§

Dear high school senior,
My name is Dylan O'Brien, and it's only fair that you tell me yours, isn't it?

I'm sorry about your father, but I'm sure he's just busy.

Dylan looked around his bunker, under his clothes and around outside until he found something beautiful.

Here's a flower, it may get crumpled up when it reaches you, but I hope you won't forget there's someone who thinks you're worth giving presents to :).

  Squad leader called us to go, I hope your letter will come sooner.

Sincerely,
   Your named soldier

Dear Dylan O'Brien, aka 'named' soldier,
   Do you know when you will come home? How soon it will be until we can no longer send letters back and forth? I now look forward every week to see your letter in the mail. My mother thinks I'm addicted.

   She doesn't understand though, because I feel a connection with you that I haven't felt with any other boy at my school. I don't want to lose it.

  Sincerely,
     (Your first & last name)

One month later...

Almost time. It was almost—"(y/n)." Your mothers voice said in a knowing tone as you snatched the paper from her hands. You opened the envelope like a pro, since you've done it so much now.

Dear (your first & last name),
   I come home next week. That is if nothing goes wrong. Maybe there's a small, non-existent chance we live in the same town?

  You've been a pal, and I'm sad to say this may be the last letter you get.

Sincerely,
  Your named soldier

You stared at the three words. The. Last. Letter. No! After all these months you couldn't just stop talking to him! Who would you rant to, connect to, tell your feelings to? If he was no longer there to listen, who would you have?

1 month later...

You walked down the street that led into the downtown area. Your destination was the park, you were meeting a friend there.

As you walked by the library, then the coffee shop you accident bumped into a man and his drink spilled down the front of your jacket. "Ow!" You yelped trying to get he hot drink off of you and the man scrambled around for napkins in his bag. Once he got enough he handed them to you and you wiped away most of the drink.

You looked up at him, staring into his brown eyes. "I'm sorry, I have to watch where I'm going I guess." He apologized and you shook your head.

"No, no, I should've. I was distracted, heh." You said and held out your hand. "Thank you for helping me wipe it off, with um, giving me napkins." You mentally kicked yourself. Why couldn't you speak around the guy? Was it his handsome face, or good looking body? Maybe the way he looked at you as if you were some expensive painting? Full of astonishment and curiosity.

"I'm Dylan," he paused as he realized you grew quiet. Could it be? "...O'Brien. A-Are you okay?" It was him! But how, why, when? It's impossible he was the same guy who you sent letters to.

"Yes, I'm uh, just um... Are you sure your name is Dylan?" You asked fazed.

Dylan laughed and nodded his head confidently. "That's what my parents always told me."

You didn't laugh with him, you were too shocked. "How do you spell it?"

Dylan furrowed his eyebrows, but answered the question anyway. "D-Y-L-A-N. Dylan. Want to know how I spell my last to?" He joked and you stood there as a smile grew on your face slowly.

"My nameless soldier..." You mumbled staring at him and he stepped closer trying to hear what you said.

"What?" He asked and you pressed you lips together.

He was really the guy you've been sending letters to for a few months; pouring your heart out to him and slowly developing feelings. He was really there. Now the question is: we're you going to tell him who you are?

A/n: what do you guys think? Should you?(;

Big thanks to all those people who took the time and checked out my new story! It really means a lot to me:).

(Expect a new imagine this Friday).