Chapter 36- cubers and ubers

[this isn't going to follow how pax actually went, it's fan fiction for a reason ;) so some people who may not have went to pax or stayed at the cube house are Going to ]

"Oh my god, this is going to be so much fun! I can't believe I finally met you!" Bee laughed as we both threw our bags on the floor next to the bed.

"I know! I've been dying to meet all of you guys for years, and know I can finally do it!"  I smiled at her as I sprawled out on the bed. "I don't know how you're even awake right now, you flew from a different continent and you're still fine, I flew from the same country and I'm exhausted."

"I slept on the plane ya dingus, like a normal person." She laughed at me as she sat down next to me on the bed.

"How could you sleep on one of those death traps? No thank you." I shook my head as I sat up and cleaned my glasses on my shirt. I quickly traded my jeans in for some shorts, it was a lot hotter here than back home. We were only stopping by the house for a little while before we would go out to eat.

"You guys all set?" Straub poked his head into our room as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Yeah let me grab my stuff, come on daughter, let's go to dinner." Bee laughed as she grabbed her bag, I followed suit as I grabbed my wallet and my phone.

"Okay mom" I smiled at her and followed her and Straub out the door, flicking the light off as I did so. We met up with the rest of the group staying at the house and got into our Uber. The cube should just be an Uber ad, we all use it and talk about it enough as it is.

Once we got to the restaurant, we were met by the other members who were staying in their own rooms at hotels. We filled in the empty seats and everyone ordered their own meals. I was sat I between Bee and Mitchell with Mark across from me, much to the dismay of Mitch and Brayden.

"Bek!" Brayden whined, "Why didn't you sit by us?" He pouted from the other end of the table. Mitch rolled his eyes at him as everyone else laughed.

"Because I had to deal with you losers for the whole summer. And you're mean to me!" I stuck up my nose jokingly as I took a drink.

"You love it though." Brayden winked at me. I scoffed in return and set my glass down. Everyone tuned out of our conversation and went back to their own. I didn't miss the look that Mitch was 'secretly' sending to Brayden. He isn't still on the whole me having a crush on Brayden thing is he? I thought that I made it clear that we were just friends, why does the idea upset him so much?

"So Bek," Mark started a conversation from his spot opposite from me. "What was Canada like for you? What did you do?"

"Um, a lot of pizza and staying up until three A.M." I laughed

"And what else?" He picked up a breadstick from its spot on the table

"I hung out with the hockey heads and Mitch's sister a lot. I'm not sure what else you want me to tell you." I chuckled a little as I followed suit and took a breadstick for my own.

"I mean, what did you do with Mitch?" Mark wiggled his eyebrows at me, causing me to choke on my bread.

"What? Nothing!" I coughed and I felt my cheeks reddening

"I heard something about my otp, what's going on?" Bee popped into the conversation

"Nothing!" I cried

"Hey everyone! We're making fun of Bek and Mitch, come join us!" Mitchell announced to the rest of the table. Soon everyone was loudly chatting about Mitch and I. I turned my head to Mitch and gave him a sad smile. He returned one to me before lowering his head, his hair falling down and covering his face. This was going to be a long vacation.