chapter 26- an awkward wake up call

The next morning was an interesting one, to say the least. It started out quiet, Mitch and I were asleep when the door opened. The next thing I knew, I was woken up by screaming. "MITCHELL! What on earth do you think you are doing? Wake up right now!" Mrs. Morrison was standing in the doorway with her arms crossed. I felt Mitch jump next to me as he turned to face his mom. "I cannot believe that you would do something like that with your sister in the next room-" she started screaming but Mitch cut her off.

"Mom! We weren't doing anything! I swear!" Mitch shook his head widly. I looked at the situation, and in Mrs. Morrison's defense, it did look pretty bad. Mitch was closest to the door, and since he was bigger than me it might have looked like something was happening. He also didn't have his shirt on and the blanket was over his legs, covering the fact that he was wearing his pants. Oh my god, she thinks that we did it.

"Really? What are those marks on your back then?" Mrs. Morrison frowned as she pointed to Mitch's back. Shoot, yeah I'm guessing those could look a little odd in this situation.

"I got hit with an air soft gun, Brayden and I were doing a video. I promise you, nothing happened!" Mitch stood up, showing the fact that he wasn't, you know, naked, and that I was fully clothed. Mitch's mom reached over and slapped Mitch on the arm. "Ow! What was that for? We didn't do anything!" Mitch frowned as he rubbed his now sore arm.

"Don't scare me like that again! Now if you excuse me, I have to go to work. One of Ella's friends is going to come pick her up for dance, so make sure she's ready. They'll drop her off when she's done. Bye." Mitch and his mom hugged before she closed the door and left. Mitch sat back down on the bed and put his head in his hands.

"Oh my god." I heard him mutter through his hands. When he lifted his head, I could see that his cheeks were fully red, just like mine were.

"Well, that doesn't happen everyday." I said to ease the tension as I fell back onto the pillow. "I think I almost had a heart attack when she started screaming." I laughed, it was a little funny now if you thought about it.

"Tell me about it, my heart's still pounding. Here." He grabbed my hand and pressed it against his chest. I could feel his heart quickly beating inside his chest. I quickly realized that he was shirtless and this was gettn awkward so I quickly removed my hand from his bare chest. "Oh man, I for sure thought that she was going to kill me." Mitch sighed in relief.

"Ugh, and it's so early! I wanna go back to bed." I whined as I wrapped the blankets around me. Mitch laughed and laid bscxk down next to me. "Hey, Mitch, can we agree on something?" I opened my eyes to look at him.

"Depends what it is." He propped his head up with one arm.

"We're never going to tell Brayden about this." I told him

"Oh, definitely." Mitch nodded his head in agreement causing us both to laugh. "We would never hear the end of it." Brayden teased us enough as it was, we didn't need to fuel his fire. He did that enough on his own.

---------

"Are you sure you don't want to come? I'm sure we can buy another ticket." Mitch asked as he waited by the door for Brayden. He and Brayden were on their way to the One Direction concert that they've been talking about since Brayden got the tickets on Christmas. Mitch had been asking me if I wanted to go with them for the past hour, and I have politely declined every time.

"Mitch, I'm sure I don't want to go. Besides, I don't even like One Direction." I laughed as I sat down on the couch. Mitch frowned and walked over to me and sat down besides me. "We can hang out at the music festival tomorrow." I shrugged