Chapter 37

When I left work on Friday I had plans of going straight home until Jackie called me on my way home asking for me to go over. I agreed, sending Seth a quick text to make sure he was okay with the twins and Bailey. He sent back a yes with a smiley face and I smiled, driving to Jackie's house.

She was on the front porch of her new house, directing the movers that were bringing in the new furniture, Logan standing holding onto her pants and Emerson was on her hip sleeping. She waved me over so I quickly went up the stairs just before the men came up came up carrying a couch,

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Great, last night Zach and I planned where everything was going and we laid it out to help them out."

"That's awesome. Where is Zach?"

"He's at the academy in Sprucebridge, he's looking over all of the K-9 dogs and the prospect puppies." I smiled and picked Logan up, he snuggled into me as he watched the men carrying in more furniture.

"Will he be home tonight?" She shrugged,

"When I talked to him he was doubting it. He wouldn't make it home until almost three in the morning and Nick mentioned that the station would cover the cost of his hotel room. Lucky bastard gets a full night of sleep."

"I thought he's been really good with helping with the kids during the night?" I asked, rubbing Logan's back.

"Oh he has been, that doesn't mean that I don't wake up every time they cry or every time I hear them fuss on the baby monitor." I nodded and sighed, I was the exact same way.

"Yeah I get that. Did you want to come over for dinner tonight?"

She nodded, "Yeah I'd like that. Thanks Charlie."

We waited until the movers were finished and Jackie packed the kids into her own car,

"Oh, Zach's bringing the invitations home for the Police Gala next week, can you and Seth still come?"

"Yeah of course, Mom is going to watch the kids for us and we're going to stay in a motel."

"Travis and Riley are going to watch Logan and Emmy."

"That's good, that will give them time to prepare for their baby."

"Their baby?" She questioned skeptically and I swallowed hard. I'd promised Riley when I ran into her at Jana's office I wouldn't tell anyone.

"Yeah, you know, practice."

"Oh my god! I knew it! No wonder they wanted to get settled in so fast!"

"Jackie you can't tell her! She made me promise not to tell!"

"I'll make sure she doesn't know it was you that told me." And by the wicked smile on her face I could tell she was going to manipulate Travis into thinking that he told her.

We drove to my house and the first thing I noticed was that all of the lights were on. I walked in holding Logan's hand, feeling extremely confused when I saw six bags on the floor and I heard loud laughter coming from the back of the house.

"BRO!" Someone exclaimed loudly and I sighed,

"Seth, we're home!" I exclaimed, and Maverick and Goose came running to greet us.

Seth walked out holding Daniel, grinning from ear to ear,

"The boys are here!"

Almost as if it were practiced six boys practically pranced out of the kitchen, two of them were holding my babies.

"Charlie!" They exclaimed, and even though I felt panic at them holding Gabriel and Bailey, but I realized that it was Aaron that was holding Gabriel and Landon was holding Bailey. Those two were the most mature in the group besides Seth.

"Hey guys, what are y'all doing here?"

"Well when Seth said that the wedding was in two weeks we all decided to use our vacation time to come down and see this guy before he signs his life away!" Jordan said in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh? Signs his life away?" I questioned and Jordan realized what he said,

"I mean... I mean, you know... Get married." Seth started to chuckle,

"Hey, I asked her to marry me. It's not the other way around."

Jordan went red when I glared at him but everyone else chuckled, knowing I was only kidding.

"Where are you guys staying?"

"We don't know yet. We've only been here for an hour or two."

"Well... You're all welcome to stay here. There's a king in the spare bedroom and there's an extra bed in the twin's room. Some of you might need to sleep on the couch or an air mattress."

They nodded and Seth caught my eye, nodding his head. I knew this was a silent thank you and I smiled at him.

"Well we made you dinner!"

Jackie gave them a weary look and Aaron grinned,

"Okay well Seth and I cooked, these butts just sat around and drank." They lead the way into the dining room and Seth pulled me aside, kissing me softly,

"Thank you," He whispered. Daniel squealed and reached for me and I happily took him, resting him on my hip,

"For what?" I questioned softly, kissing him again,

"Letting them stay here... I'm not sure how much they can afford. Most of them are making minimum wage and I have a bad feeling they weren't all allowed to take this much time off to come see me."

"Okay, let's take this one day at a time. Can they all fit here?"

He nodded, "Yeah, two of them can share the guest room, and with the double in the twins room if we move the crib to Bailey's room there's enough room for two air mattresses, and whoever is left over can take the couch in the basement."

I nodded and kissed him again, "Okay let's eat and sort things out after. I'm sure they all know who's bunking with who now." He nodded in agreement and just as we started walking towards the living room there was a huge crash followed by a huge cry.

Big thanks to everyone for reading, reviewing, and voting! I appreciate all of you!