Chapter 21

Later that night we picked Bailey up from my parents house, and drove back to our house.

"How was that?" I asked quietly, putting Bailey to bed, rubbing her stomach softly to make sure she settled in and stayed asleep.

Seth shrugged, "I liked it... It was really nice. The people in this town are really nice and welcoming... Surprisingly."

I nodded, "A lot of small towns are not really welcoming, but most of the friends Jackie and Zach had in high school were really nice."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on top of mine (he towered over me at 6'1, I was only 5'6).

"Tomorrow I'm going to go into the bakery and probably pull a full shift..."

Seth kissed my temple softly, "Alright. Jackie told me tonight she's going to have a meeting with me tomorrow to start discussing the lessons I'll be doing. I guess I'll brush up on my rodeo skills and show her what I can still do and then I've gotta find myself a good rodeo horse to start teaching."

"Well is Jackie going to let you try out some of our horses?" He shrugged,

"I never asked, I just assumed I had to find myself a horse."

"I don't think Jackie would expect you to find your own rodeo horse Seth. To be quite honest I don't think she pays you enough for that." He laughed and shrugged,

"You're right." Once I was sure Bailey was asleep Seth and I went into my bedroom and we sat in the chairs, facing the fireplace.

"So... I was thinking..." I said softly, and I saw Seth get nervous and I smiled,

"It's not bad, I promise. But I was thinking... Instead of you sneaking clothes over... Why don't we make it official?"

"Official how?" He asked, taking my hand,

"Well... You move all of your stuff in here... I mean, only if you want too."

He grinned, "I would love that Charlie. I really would."

I grinned and he kissed my hand softly and I yawned, "Time for bed?"

I nodded, wiping my face tiredly. We walked over to bed and I completely undressed, leaving the clothes by the side of my bed- at this point too tired to care. Seth did the same and we got into bed and turned off the lights.

****

The next morning when I woke up the bed was empty beside me, but it was still warm. I took Seth's pillow and cuddled it, loving the smell of him. After five minutes I got up and got dressed, decided on a black maxi dress with a jean vest over top. Bailey was awake when I went into her room, and I grinned, picking her up and kissing her cheeks obnoxiously. I absolutely loved the sound of her giggles, and I decided to dress her in a fleece one piece and a pair of mini cow boy boots that Jackie had gotten for her.

When we went downstiars there was a plate of french toast waiting with a note beside it, under the coffee mug,

Have a great day, I'll see you later tonight. Call me when you're on break.

I grinned and put the french toast in the toaster oven to warm and sipped my coffee, getting a pot out to warm Bailey's formula. I fed her and packed a diaper bag, planing in bringing her into work with me again.

Once the french toast was warmed I sat at the breakfast bar, holding Bailey in my lap while I ate and she played with her stuffed bear.

When I was done I got Bailey set up in the truck and put my purse in the front seat, locking the door.