To be or not to be

To be Narcissistic or to be Magnanimous.
People with Depression are mostly self-loathing and insecure. When people lambaste them, they think that they are at fault and they have been such a great burden. Not once do they blame others. Altruism and magnanimity gets you nowhere except for depressoland. In order to make peace with the world, they take the blame and suffer in silence, allowing their depression to fester. On the contrary, impudent and contemptuous people think they have the world at their feet. When a mistake is made, the blame lies with anyone within a 100ft radius. They assuage their own guilt by pinning the blame on someone else. Hence, they feel nothing but happiness. Does this mean that....we should be more self centered? Everyone has only one heart. One can only truly care for one thing at a time. Should one care for someone else, he or she will neglect himself or herself. Nobody else will care about us because they are too busy with themselves. If we don't care for ourselves, no one will. My school cleaner used to tell me that I should not be trapped in the abyss of depression because of everyone around me. If I die, nobody is going to care. If I become successful, it will only benefit me. That was when I realised that I should live by my own rules. Don't like me, fine. Suit yourself. I am not going to change for you. Are you paying me?No. So, Away! You three inch fool. This is my life and I don't have to waste it on leading someone else's. Afterall, nothing can truly emulate the original. I will just be a walking travesty. Might as well be as authentic as possible. Narcissistic people lead better lives on Earth. That is my thesis and I am totally buying it.