Such a Mess

Your P.OV.:

Sebastian led me outside to where Ciel and the other guests were. I sat down and surprisingly everything was perfectly placed, which confused me, considering Ciel's servants seemed like they got into a lot of trouble without Sebastian around, and Sebastian was with me for maybe the past hour or so. I shook it off as Sebastian pulled out my chair for me to sit down. Sebastian almost instantly got to work once I was sat, pouring everyone some tea, getting to me last. "Today we have a Niligiri tea, I expect you will appreciate its refreshing aroma and rich flavor." Sebastian looked pleased with himself and I smiled slightly to myself. That's when Soma began to speak, "Niligiri, ah, it brings back memories." Lau then spoke, "If I'm correct, Niligiri means blue mountain. This blend fetches a specially good price." I looked down at a plate that Sebastian had placed before me. "Accompanying the tea is a Dundee cake. This treat is made from a batter of rum and various dried fruits, studded with roasted almonds." I picked up my teacup and as everyone else was eating, I realized that my cup was different than the others. Elizabeth yells about the cake looking delicious and Ciel says something about it being not that bad, I didn't really pay attention to them because I was admiring the intricate design on the teacup. Sebastian then as normal thanked Ciel for the small compliment until he realized that I was observing the rose on the cup. "I cannot help but notice how you're admiring that teacup, Miss?" Elizabeth turned her attention to the cup, "Huh? Is that-! Oh my!" I felt like I was completely left out of the loop. I did understand that the cup was beautiful and probably very expensive from the intricate design, but I didn't get why Elizabeth was so excited.

"Yes, It's a Vienna Rose. I thought the flower on the cup would set off the loveliness of the young lady to an advantage." I looked at the teacup closer than before after what Sebastian said. Elizabeth then asked if it was genuine and Ciel revealed that it was and what he said made me finally realize why everyone was so awestruck by the cup. "Apparently it was one of the Empress Maria Theresa's favorite pieces." That's when I was a bit awestruck as well. "A fine item, befitting the status of an Earl. I can scarcely imagine what it would be worth on the market." I looked at Lau and then as I started to put the cup down, I whispered, "It is lovely..." I replayed the few things that Sebastian just said and I realized he basically called me lovely. This simple thought made me blush like mad and caused me to not pay attention and I dropped the teacup which spilled onto the skirt of my dress. I cursed under my breath, "Bloody Hell..." Meanwhile, while I cursed myself out, everyone was gasping except Sebastian and Ciel. "I'm such a mess... I'm an idiot." I kept putting myself down and gladly no one heard me, or so I thought. "This is no good." Lau then decided to be an asshole and be more concerned about the damned cup.

Pause. I'm sorry, I just lost my composure. Okay.... *ahem* let's get back to it!

Ciel, unlike Mr. Lau, was actually concerned and ordered Sebastian to get me a new dress and help me clean up. "Follow me, Miss, if you don't mind, I'll help you inside." With that sentence, Sebastian picked me up bridal style with ease. Needless to say, my face was mostly red. I will say I was rather impressed at his being able to carry me with such ease. I mean I'm not heavy, but I wasn't light as a feather either. Sebastian carried me through the manor and finally set me down on my feet in a dressing room. I observed the dress laid out on the couch. "Ordinarily I wouldn't consider intruding on a young lady's dressing routine. However, we have no handmaiden to help, and this is an emergency." Sebastian was now in front of me with a blindfold over his eyes and he had a hold of my sleeves. Next thing I knew, my dress was off and Sebastian had another dress in his hands while I stood in a corset. "I hope you can forgive my rudeness." I looked at myself in the mirror. I stood in a beautiful blue dress. "There we are, that should do nicely. Perhaps the teacup was too heavy for a young lady as delicate as yourself. I apologize for making such a grievous blunder." I instantly shook my head, "it's not your fault. It wasn't heavy at all, I was just distracted. I'm sorry that I'm such a bother..." I looked at how lovely the dress was to get my mind off of my clumsy blunder and then Sebastian's voice snapped me back to reality. "It is quite alright, Lady (Y/n). There was no harm done except to your lovely dress. By the way... I can assure you that you are not a mess." Sebastian grabbed a hold of my chin gently and stared into my eyes. "And you definitely are not an idiot. Don't ever call yourself that." His facial expression was stern yet rather caring. His hand dropped from my chin which made me sigh and speak up.