Attachment

Your P.O.V:

Sebastian led me down the hall and I couldn't help but wonder where we were going. I was actually excited about this tour. While I was thinking this, Sebastian stopped in the middle of the hallway and I ran straight into him. "I'm so sorry! I got lost in my thoughts I guess..." Sebastian turned around and smiled, "It's quite all right Miss (L/n). Are you alright though?" I looked up at him, he was significantly taller than me. He had a rather good physique from what I could tell from outside of his suit. "Miss?" I snapped out of it. "Sorry, yes I'm completely fine." I smiled to reassure Sebastian and he smiled back turning to the door on our left. "We shall continue our tour then." He opened it and turned to me. "Just in here we have the Recreation Room." I stepped inside the room. "As you can see, it is furnished with a billiard table and other gaming equipment, as well as many of the Funtom company's products. Our goal is to provide our guests with ample entertainment." I looked around the room and smiled when I saw a stuffed rabbit that was wearing clothes that Ciel would most likely wear. I looked around the room some more and then saw a Chinese couple playing cards at a table. After a few seconds of me observing them, the man decided to stand up. 

"My, who have we here? It isn't much I know, but do make yourself comfortable." He turned and looked at the room, "As you can see, the Recreation Room is furnished with a billiard table and other gaming equipment, as well as many of the Funtom company's products. Our goal is to provide guests with ample entertainment. Please, take a seat, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself." Sebastian instantly stepped to my side once the man turned to me. In the middle of the man's almost exact copy of what Sebastian said, I chuckled because I saw the Chinese woman take a look at the man's cards. I had to keep my normal laughter in and stayed quiet with a chuckle. "Thank you for such a detailed explanation of the room. Though I must say, it sounds familiar, as if I've heard it somewhere before." Sebastian turned to look at me and like almost every time he looked at me, he had a slight smile on his face. "If you please? This man is Mr. Lau. He is the head of the English branch of the Chinese trading company, Kunlun." Sebastian turned back to Mr. Lau. "Mr. Lau, this is a friend of Lady Elizabeth's, she will be attending the ball tonight." Mr. Lau then leaned in towards me and I slightly moved my face away. He whispered to me, "Some advice Miss, be careful. Phantomhive Manor is crawling with dangerous beasties." Mr. Lau then regained his composure from earlier and smiled. "You wouldn't want to be eaten by one, now would you?"

Sebastian took me around the manor some more, showing me the different rooms. "This place is very large. I know I said before I've never been in such a big estate, and that's true, but-" Sebastian cut me off, "It's probably very surreal to you, isn't it?" I smiled and chuckled, "Yes, very. I still can't believe I'm at the famed Phantomhive Manor." I wasn't lying. Being honest was sometimes the best way to become one of those people who couldn't possibly be on the suspect list. Being honest and being accepted as a normal, respected person, it helps on missions, but it can lead to getting attached to people. At the time, I knew this, but before I had gotten only a little bit attached to people on previous missions, this whole household was somehow different. Looking back at my life now, if I wouldn't have gotten so attached to the Phantomhive household, well, my story would be very different. Anyway, what I said about the estate seemed to make Mr. Michaelis happy because he smiled. "I'm glad you're enjoying the tour Miss (L/n)." With that, he smiled and bowed. I giggled and smiled, "You do know you don't have to keep calling Miss (L/n), you don't even have to call me Miss." Sebastian looked taken aback, but regained his composure, smiling and standing very straight just like every other time I saw him, except this time, he held his hand out. "Then what should I call you, My Lady?" I laughed and took his hand gently, "Definitely not 'My Lady'. Just call me (Y/n)." He smiled and cleared his throat. "I shall do that then. In front of others, I'll have to call you Miss though." I rolled my eyes and smirked. "I understand. We can't have everyone thinking you aren't a proper butler, now can we?" Sebastian nodded and I continued, "Fine then, you calling me by my first name will be our little secret then." Sebastian chuckled and smiled, "Shall we continue our tour?" I nodded, "Yes, let's."

With that, Sebastian showed me a few other rooms and then we got to a room that he dropped my hand at. Sebastian opened the door and my eyes widened at the sight of so many books. I whispered, "Wow..." Sebastian turned to me. "May I present to you our library, the pride of the Phantomhive estate." I walked inside, "this... is a lot of books." Sebastian got back into his tour guide mode and went on to explain the room. "The family heads have gathered books for generations. The result is a library comparable to a library at any university-" Suddenly a paper airplane hit Sebastian in the forehead and his right eye twitched, telling me he was caught off guard and very annoyed. He also seemed to have a slight blush on his face from being interrupted by such a stupid thing, and it happening in front of me, I'm guessing, made it worse. The sight of it was so hilarious that I had to bite my lip very hard just to keep myself from laughing. That's when two men came running over to us. Sebastian stepped in front of me and what with me being way shorter than him, I was basically hidden. "Ah, brilliant timing! I was growing ever so bored." I peeked around Sebastian's physique and took in the sight of the two men's appearances. They seemed to look Indian. "Please Prince Soma, we're in the middle of your studies." The taller man said with a very stern voice. The Prince complained about something that I understood, needing rest. "Agni, everyone needs a rest now and then." Sebastian made a rather smart comment, which once again, made me need to bite my lip to keep from laughing as I looked at the Prince's book, "And from what I can see, it seems you were studying quite diligently." I finally got a hold over my need to laugh and cleared my throat quietly. "Yes-" Sebastian cut the prince off, obviously still annoyed with him. "A friend of Lady Elizabeth's is visiting today for tea. She will also be attending the ball, later this evening." 

The man named Agni looked over Sebastian's shoulder and saw me. "Is this her, Sebastian?" Sebastian stepped to the side a bit and Prince Soma looked at me and just kept staring. I started to think that there was something on my dress, or on my face and I grew a bit insecure for the moment. Then Sebastian introduced me, "Miss, please allow me to introduce you to a friend of my master's, the twenty-sixth child of the King of Bengal, Prince Soma Asman Kadar, and his very capable butler Agni." The prince started blushing and I averted my eyes quickly. I was feeling awkward and turned my attention to Agni who bowed his head. "Namaste ji." Sebastian then continued, "Prince Soma, Agni. This is-" The prince cut him off, this time with words. "Beautiful." Agni was no longer bowing his head and turned his attention to his master. "Sire?" Prince Soma then decided to snap back to reality but kept blushing. "Oh! Hello Miss, I am Prince Soma! I fancied you immediately! Would you like to be my handmaiden?" He then averted his eyes and blushed even more, if that were even possible. I felt awkward and blushed a little bit too and looked down to keep anyone from seeing my face, which was a good choice on my part because of what the Prince said next. "Or if you prefer, m-my wife." Agni then started to cry, "Oh! Prince Soma! At last! You finally found your soulmate, your true love! Your happiness is mine and it almost overwhelms me! Oh Kali, I implore you, bless these two young people and grant them a long life together!" "Agni..." The prince then started crying and hugging Agni, and this is when I completely lost my blush and just felt awkward. My eyes were darting all over the room and Sebastian I think could tell that I felt awkward. "I fear you may be making the young lady uncomfortable. Perhaps you could propose at a later date?" They finally stopped hugging and crying and Sebastian checked his pocket watch. Sebastian's tone of voice seemed to be rather annoyed and filled with a hint of protectiveness. Was he possibly jealous? "It's almost time for tea Miss. You must be thirsty. Shall we?" 

Sebastian ushered me out of the room and closed the door behind me. "Does he do that to every girl he meets?" I leaned up against the wall and took a deep breath. Sebastian then got very close to me, I felt pinned, but I wasn't complaining, no, this butler was definitely growing on me. "No, it was rather strange behavior though, even for Prince Soma. Then again, he does act like a child most of the time even though he's seventeen. I'm sorry I shouldn't talk about guests behind their backs like I just did." I chuckled and Sebastian took my hand, trying to take me to tea I assumed, but I didn't want to go yet. I pulled him back. "You like to keep your complaints to yourself, don't you? It's rather unhealthy to do that, you know?" Sebastian looked surprised and didn't say anything. "How about we add to our little secret? If you want, any time that I'm here, you can actually talk to me about your thoughts and problems. Do we have a deal?" I held out my hand and Sebastian took it, leading me to tea, but he did say rather quietly, "Deal." At the time I wasn't at all thinking about the fact that I was an assassin, no sir, I felt like an actual guest. I totally forgot that I was there on a mission. I felt like I belonged.