Doctor's appointment

About 4 days after the wedding, I woke up and did my usual routine. We were still at the Burrow because, after what happened at the wedding, Molly was worried about all of us. Bill and Fleur have started to move into a little cottage that was bought for them down by the coast somewhere. No one has seen or heard from Harry, Hermione or Ron since the wedding, I'm really worried about them and I'm hoping that they're safe and not being tortured by Voldemort. I went downstairs after getting dressed and found Fred in the living room waiting for me to get ready, we were about to go to the doctors appointment Molly had booked for us two days before hand. "Ready to go?" I asked Fred and he nodded, I could tell that he was lost in thought because his eyes kept shifting in and out of focus and he would go silent. We walked to the front door and pulled our shoes on, I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs then saw Molly appear. "You two off?" She asked quietly, I nodded and smiled. "Okay, when you get there tell the lady at the desk that you're there for the Weasley appointment." Molly told us as Fred finished tying his laces.
"Alright, thank you Molly." I said and gave her a hug. "Is is okay if you don't tell anyone where we're going, I don't want everyone to know before Remus." I requested and she gave me an understanding nod. "We better go or otherwise we'll be late." Fred said and took my hand as we walked out of the house and down to the small village.

When we eventually found the doctor's surgery we walked in gingerly and looked around for the front desk, it was right next to us as we walked in, opposite the waiting area. Fred and I walked up to the desk and saw a middle aged woman talking on the phone to a patient. "I'm afraid Dr Williams won't be in until next week....yes I understand....yeas we have a slot open for any time after four pm....five fifty?....Yes that's available...yep...of course...Okay, bye." She said and hung up the phone, she typed a few things onto the computer in front of her before turning her attention to us. "Hi, how can I help you?" She said with a friendly smile.
"Erm we're here for the Weasley appointment." I said nervously and she tapped a few buttons on the keyboard.
"Yep, Mr and Mrs Weasley here to see Dr Bennet." She said and I nodded, blushing a little when she said Mr and Mrs Weasley. "She'll be with you in ten minutes." She smiled, I thanked her and walked with Fred to the waiting area. The seats weren't the most comfortable seats in the world and there were little kids running around their sick parents. I looked over to Fred who was, once again, lost in though, I took his chin and turned his head to face me. "What you thinking about Freddie?" I asked as focus returned to his eyes.
"Nothing...It's just that in twenty minutes or so we'll know if we're parents. It's all so insane, feels like just the other day we were little kids wandering around the streets of Hogsmeade, going into Zonko's and Honeyduke's. Now look at us. Running our own joke shop, engaged sitting in a waiting room waiting to know if we're parents or not." Fred trailed off and stared into nothing. 

"Fred, everything will be fine. Yes we've changed but circumstances have changed and we need to stay positive." He nodded and lent his forehead against mine. "Are you nervous?" I asked in a small voice.

"Just a bit." Fred chuckled and I sat there with my head on Fred's shoulder waiting to be called.

After waiting a little longer we were called into room 5, we followed the nurse into the room and I sat on the bed like she told me to. "Dr Bennet will be here shortly." She said then left. Fred sat in the chair next to me and his knee began to bounce, I took a hold of his hand and rubbed circles on it. I'm not sure why he's this nervous about it all, I'm the one that might have a little person inside of them. The door opened and our heads snapped up, in walked a mature woman with long auburn hair that had been pulled into a neat pony tail. Hi, sorry for the wait, I'm Dr Bennet." Her voice was stern but in a way where you know she knows what she's doing. If that made any sense. Fred got up and shook her hand, she then walked over to me and shook mine. "Hi I'm Annabelle and this is my fiance Fred." I smiled, it felt odd calling Fred my fiance out loud.
"Alright, so, I've been told that you're here for a pregnancy test, is that correct?" She asked as she jotted notes on a clip board.
"Yeah." Fred said as he tried to see what she was writing.
"Okay. Annabelle if you could lay down on the bed and pull your top up slightly." Dr Bennet said as she pulled over a machine and started pressing the buttons on it. I did as she said and I laid down on the bed, Fred stood next to me and held me hand. "This might feel a bit odd." She said as she poured a blue jelly like substance onto my stomach and pressed an attachment form the machine onto my stomach and moved it around.

So many emotions ran through my body when I saw the small image on the screen, in the middle of all the black there was a small white blob, it was almost unrecognisable to being a baby. I felt relieved, shocked and most of all I felt proud, proud of what Fred and I have created. I could hear its small heart beat on the monitor and smiled. "How far along is she?" Fred asked as he smiled at the monitor, unable to remove his gaze. "About seven weeks." Dr Bennet said as she packed away the machine and eventually turned it off, I blinked a few times but still saw the image. I wiped away the jelly and pulled my top back down. 

She gave us some leaflets about pregnancy and the stages and pictures of the ultrasound that I put in my pockets, she also told us that we'd need to have regular check ups so that we know how the baby is doing. We thanked her and walked out of the office. I took Fred's hand as we walked up the hill back to the Burrow. "We have a baby." Fred said in astonishment when we were halfway down the path that lead to the Burrow.

"Yeah." I smiled and turned to look at him but saw he was already looking at me. "What?" I giggled and blushed.
"I love you so much." He smiled and chuckled slightly.
"I can tell." I winked and patted my stomach. We continued walking in silence as we swung our entwined hands. We approached the front door and when we opened it, Molly was there to greet us. "So..." Molly said questioningly.
"Seven weeks along." Fred smiled, Molly pulled us into a tight hug and cheered.

At dinner Fred and I didn't tell anyone and it was hard to hide our excitement. I decided to tell Remus at some point in the next few days, I sent a message to Tonks to see is they'd be in and she replied saying that they would be in the day after tomorrow. Fred and I went up to bed at eleven and we cuddled into the duvets. Fred held me in his arms as I fell asleep, his hands resting on my flat stomach. The last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep was Fred's muffled, hushed voice in my ear. "You have no idea or how much I adore you."