Christmas at the Burrow

As winter drew nearer, like expected, we got more and more customers as they bought presents for friends and family. I got better after 3 days of bed rest whilst I felt like a burden because Fred kept coming up from the shop every 2 hours to check up on me. He said that he didn't mind but I still felt bad about it. I've also been getting letters from Hermione and Ginny about Ron, who apparently is being a huge asshole. Gin is angry at him because he had a go at her about snogging Dean in public then was the biggest hypocrite ever and snogged some girl in the middle of the common room whilst everyone cheered, Lavender Brown, I think her name was. 'Mione is pissed about Ron and this Lavender girl because I think she's finally realized her feelings for Ron and is jealous that they're together. I knew she liked him, ever since 6th year.

The twins and I were roaming around the Burrow at Christmas and I was taking in the warm, Christmas-y atmosphere. We walked downstairs to the kitchen and walked in as Ron was talking about Fred's left buttock. "I beg your pardon?" Fred said, I chuckled slightly when I saw that they were chopping sprouts by hand. "Aah guys look at this. They're using knives and everything." I teased, pinching Harry's cheeks, he huffed and brushed my hand off whilst trying to hide a smile. I've always teased Harry, well, since I met him again in his 1st year. Ron on the other hand got really grumpy about my small joke. "I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months time and then I'll be able to do it by magic." We all sat down at the table and I took a mince pie as George put his feet on the table and Fred put his arm around me. "But meanwhile we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a...whoops-a-daisy." George flicked his wand and made Ron cut his thumb. 

"George!" I hissed but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"You wait, when I'm seventeen-"
"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills." Fred yawned and I chuckled.
"Speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills Ronald, what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called-unless I'm wrong- Lavender Brown?" I asked and Ron turned pink and he turned back to chopping his sprouts.
"Mind your own business." Ron mumbled.
"What a snappy retort." Fred said. "I really don't know how you come up with them. No, what we wanted to know was...how did it happen?" He continued.
"What d'you mean?" Ron asked befuddled.
"Did she have an accident or something?" Fred continued to tease.
"What?" Ron asked.
"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful now!" Ron threw the sprouts knife at Fred just as Mrs Weasley walked into the room. My eyes widened and I ducked because I feared that the knife would hit me but luckily Fred turned it into a paper airplane lazily.

"RON!" Mrs Weasley screeched furiously. "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!" She snapped. Ron said he wouldn't but I'm pretty sure he said something else under his breath after. "Fred, George, Anna, I'm sorry dears, but Remus will be arriving in a couple of days so Bill will have to squeeze in with you lot." She told us. I felt like Remus asked me to tell her something but I couldn't remember what it was. Urgh. "No problem." George spoke for all of us. They then began discussing where everyone would be sleeping and it was a full house.
"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face then?" Fred asked sourly and Mrs Weasley turned around.
"No, he's busy, at the Ministry I expect." She said.
"Or he's the world's biggest prat." I said as Mrs Weasley left.
"One of the two. Well, let's get going then." Fred said as we both got up and put our coats on.
"What are you lot up to? Can't you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!" Ron pleaded to us.
"No, I don't think we can do that." Fred said seriously. "It's very character building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for muggles and squibs." I rolled my eyes and chuckled slightly.
"-and if you want people to help you Ron," George threw the paper plane at Ron. "I wouldn't chuck knives at them. Just a little hint. We're off to the village, there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are marvelous....almost like real magic." George said mysteriously and I laughed. "I just forgot to get Fleur a present. Ssh, don't tell her." I whispered. We walked to the door but just before I closed it I waved my wand and reduced their sprouts by a quarter. I caught up with the twins and we trudged down to the little village at the bottom of the hill.

On Christmas I was helping  Mrs Weasley prepare the last of the Christmas dinner when there was a knock at the door. "Annabelle, could you get that please, dear?" Mrs Weasley asked as she put the potatoes in the oven. I nodded my head and walked out of the kitchen to the door and grinned at the person standing a meter away. "Hey there Moony." I smiled as I hugged him. He seemed thinner and more ragged looking than normal. "Hello Annabelle, how are you?" He asked as he stepped in from the cold.
"I'm fine, what about you? You look dreadful, no offence." I said and took his coat.
"It's fine. It's what a full moon does to my kind." He said. I slapped my hand to my head.
"That was it! I forgot to tell Molly that you won't be staying because of the full moon. And don't let me hear you say your not like us because you are, you have a bigger heart than most. It's only Lycanthropy, you're not a monster." I told him, he gave me a warm smile and chuckled.
"Just like you're mother." He said with a wide grin on his face that faded slowly. I smiled and thanked him before I returned to the kitchen and he went off to find either Mr Weasley or Bill.

That evening everyone was in the living room that was decorated with paper-chains and tinsel. I looked to the top of the tree and smirked at the "angel". It was a garden gnome that bit me on the ankle when we were picking carrots for dinner. We stupified it, painted it gold, shoved it into a mini tutu and glued small wings to its back. It glared down at me and I just stuck my tongue back in return. We had the radio playing softly in the background as everyone was doing something. Remus, Tonks, Harry and Mr Weasley were talking seriously in the corner as Fred, George, Ginny and I played a game of exploding snap.

Towards the end of the night Remus and Tonks had to leave because Remus was really exhausted. I walked them to the door with Mr and Mrs Weasley. "It was delicious Molly, really." Tonks said as Remus peered off into the yard.
"Are you sure you can't stay?" Mrs Weasley asked worriedly. I walked next to Remus and looked out with him.
"No we should go. The last night of the cycle is always the worst." Tonks whispered to Mrs Weasley.
"Can you feel it too Remus?" I asked him cautiously as I got a strange, warning feeling in the pit of my stomach. He can sense things better with his werewolf abilities. "Sweetheart?" Tonks said as we both starred deeper into the surrounding wheat field as the cold wind danced across the wheat and our faces. "There's something out there." I said quietly and Remus gave a small nod in agreement.
"Well, of course, there's foxes and rabbits and all sorts of animals in the field." Mrs Weasley said nervously, Remus and I shook our heads. Remus spoke what was on both of our minds. "This isn't an animal."