Flight Fight

I was on the broom with Remus and we were waiting for Mad-eye's 'Go ahead' before we left. "Head for the Burrow, we rendezvous there." Moody instructed and I took a deep breath, Fred looked over at me and I gave him a look that said 'it'll be fine' even though I don't believe it myself. "On the count of three!" Mad-eye yelled and I gripped tighter onto Remus' back. "One! Two! Three!" We all rushed off and Remus and I tried to stay close to George. My stomach was squirming with nerves and fear as we were flying through the clouds.

It was calm as we were going through the clouds until we hit a break in them and there was loads of room. Chaos broke out everywhere as Death Eaters attacked us left, right and center and I can say that they were definitely expecting us. There had to be at least ten or so chasing one Harry and everyone was doing their best to loose them or at least deflect their curses. Remus, George and I lost most of the Death Eaters that were chasing us but we still had three still chasing us as we were over the country side. We were each trying to fight off a Death Eater whilst the guys were steering. We were struggling as we headed near Glastonbury and it was getting harder to battle them off, I was also fighting George's and Remus' Death Eater whilst they tried to get them off our tails. I looked over to George who was struggling a lot with trying to follow Remus, steer the broom and take on the Death Eater. He threw a spell at the Death Eater and it flew away a bit so George focused his attention on Remus and I. It happened so quickly. The Death Eater came back and launched a curse at George, it missed his body but cut off his ear. "George!" I screamed as the clasped his bloody ear. The Death Eaters must've heard me scream George's name and they flew off. "Remus get closer to his broom, hurry!" I said loudly as George's broom became unsteady, Remus guided his broom so it flew along side George's. I held onto the broom for my life as I swung one leg over the broom so I was facing George's broom. "Be careful Annabelle!!!" Remus yelled as I reached over and climbed onto George's broom. I climbed on in front of George so I could steer and he lent his head on my shoulder. "Shh, hold on Georgie, we're almost there." I said soothingly as the Burrow's lights came into view.

We broke through the protective barrier around the Burrow and I had an arm supporting George with Remus on the other side. "Quick, into the house." He told me as we carried George into the Burrow and Harry and Ginny followed us inside.
"Oh, my boy-" Molly said as we brought George into the living room and set him down on the sofa. Molly began tending to George's wound as I straightened up and took a deep breath. Remus grabbed Harry by the shirt and shoved him into the wall with his wand pointed at Harry's neck. "Remus!" I exclaimed along with other protests from Hagrid and Ginny before he 'Shh' -ed us.
"What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?" Remus asked quickly. "Are you mad?!?" Harry yelled and tried to get Remus off him but still Remus pushed him back and steadied his wand. "WHAT CREATURE?!!?" Remus asked again, he startled me when he shouted at Harry, he's only shouted like that once before and that was when I followed him before a full moon (literally like and hour before transformation) he was furious, it was terrifying. "Um...Grindelow." Harry said quickly. Remus stared into Harry's eyes for a second then released him and stood up right. "We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you weren't an impostor." Remus panted. There was another break in the barrier and Remus and I rushed out of the door. Remus ran first and told us to wait as he and Shacklebot held their wands to each others necks. "The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us." Kingsley demanded and a small smile tugged on Remus' lips.
"Harry is the best hope we have...trust him." He said and they lowered their wands.
"What gave you away?" Kingsley asked Harry.
"Hedwig, I think, she was trying to save me." Harry replied and there was, yet another, break in the barrier, this was Bill and Fleur riding on a thestral, then Tonks and Ron. Hermione looked at Remus in case he wanted to check but he knew it was his wife so he gave a small nod and she rushed into Ron's arms. "He deserves that. Brilliant he was. Wouldn't be standing here without him." Tonks said as she hugged Remus.

As everyone hugged and greeted each other, I was getting increasingly nervous by the second. "Where's Fred?" I asked and there was a crack, I snapped my head towards it and saw Fred and Arthur walking towards us together. I ran and jumped into Fred's arms and buried my head into his neck. "Thank god you're okay." He whispered to me.
"I love you." I whispered to him, squeezing him tighter.
"I love you too." He replied and we pulled out of our hug.
"We the last back?" Arthur asked as we walked towards the house.
"Where's George?" Fred asked me and my face fell. He noticed and rushed inside, I followed close behind him as he ran into the living room. George was laying on the sofa with blood surrounding his ear and down his neck, Molly had managed to stop the bleeding but there was still blood. Fred crouched beside the sofa and I beside him. "How you feeling Georgie?" Fred asked his twin nervously.
"Saint-like." George murmured, Fred gave me a confused look and I gave him a just as confused look in return.
"Come again?" Fred said, George smiled weakly.
"I'm holy....I'm holey Fred, geddit?" George said pointing to his left ear. I gave a small laugh and shook my head.
"Pathetic." I scoffed and Fred's smile returned at this brother's lame joke.
"The whole world of ear related humor and you go for 'I'm holey'? Pathetic." Fred scoffed.
"I reckon I'm still better looking than you." George smiled.
"We'll let Cece choose that." I said and his smile broadened.

Bill stepped into the circle with a dark, solemn look plastered on his scarred face. "Mad-eye's dead." He said and a wave of sadness came over the room. Although we didn't get along, he was still a hero to me. No one knew what so say and we stayed in silence for a couple of minutes. "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and disapparated." We sat in respectful silence until Molly told us that we should all get some rest and we walked slowly up to bed. One thing that I know Mad-eye would say in these bad times ahead would be 'Constant vigilance."