Creatures Galore

I woke up to Katie and Angelina arguing about who is using the shower first. I got up groggily, grabbed a towel and my soaps and slipped into the bathroom unnoticed. The two girls didn't stop arguing till they heard the sound of water running. "Hey!" They yelled at the same time. "You snooze, you loose. "I chimed as I finished washing my hair. I stepped out of the shower and dried my hair and body with my wand, when I opened the door Katie shoved past me in her red towel. I got dressed into my robes and brushes my hair into a braid.

I walked down to the Great Hall and walked in to hear Malfoy running his mouth and pretending to faint along with pug face shouting about dementors to Harry. "Oi Parkinson! Take a hike and leave Harry alone! "I yelled across the hall and received a bunch of scowls from pug face and her friends. I sat down in between Fred and George, I glared over at Malfoy who was pretending to fain again. "Would it be bad if I slapped the little git so hard his face was the colour of your hair? "I asked Fred, I heard every one else laugh and even Harry's lips curled up. "Wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down our end of the train, came running past our compartment didn't he? " George said with a smirk.
"Nearly wet himself. " Fred said sneering at Malfoy. I was staying silent in this conversation, although I hate Malfoy I didn't like talking about dementors because they sent a eerie chill down my spine. "Sorta freezes you insides don't they." I heard Fred say when I came back out if thought.
"You didn't pass out though did you? "Harry said with a frown.
"I did, don't worry. It's a lot worse in Azkaban, I had nightmares after visiting there. "I said glumly whilst staring at my plate and playing with my food because I no longer had an appetite. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and looked up to see Fred comforting me. I couldn't hear what he was saying over the sound of my heart pumping.

Basically I've had a crush on Fred since third year when he pranked me and he felt really guilty about it, he took me to the hospital wing and didn't leave my side till he knew I was okay. I'm the only one to know how much of a softie he is besides George and I've had a crush on him since. As weird as the story is I really like him because of how caring he is and how sweet and sentimental he can be under his big macho facade.

I think he heard my heart beating because he blushes and pulled his arm away, causing my side to lose the warmth he provided. I blushed and returned to my scrambled eggs and bacon, I zoned out as every one continued their conversation and before I knew it I had to go to class.

Third lesson of the day was Defense Against the Dark Arts, the other lessons had been plain and boring, just the annual: welcome back, these are the rules, you have dozens of tests at the end of the year etc. etc. Fred, George and I all climbed the stairs to Remus' classroom, we walk in to see all the tables pushed aside and an old, tall wardrobe stood in the middle of the room. I walked over to Remus who was smiling at everyone's perplexed faces. "Hey, ready for your first lesson with me?"Remus asked, I smiled

"Yup." We both watched as people slowly came in. "Are we studying Boggarts?" I asked him keeping my eyes on the students. "Yes what to you think?" Remus asked, my grin grew wider.

"This is going to be an awesome year." I replied, I hugged him then walked back over to Fred and George so Remus could start his lesson. "Okay everyone books away and wands out, it's a practical lesson today." Remus said. Everyone looked confused but did as he said anyway. "Today we will be facing Boggarts. Now can anyone tell me what a Boggart looks like." Remus asked, silly question really because no one knows, they take the form of whatever scares their opponent. Angelina's hand shot up. "Yes miss Johnson? "
"No one knows what their true form looks like because they take the form of what scares their opponent most." Angelina said looking concerned as she glances at the wardrobe. "Yes precisely. Now to finish a Boggart you need to make it take the shape of something you find amusing, so if you could take your wands out and repeat after me. Riddikulus!" Remus said and the whole class repeated the spell. 

"Good now who would like to go first?" Remus looked at me skeptically. "Annabelle would you like to give it a shot? " he asked, gesturing me to step forward. "Sure Re- I mean Professor Lupin. " I grinned as I stepped in front of the wardrobe that was shaking vigorously. I gulped as the door opened and a dark figure came out, the Boggart was still for a second before it took its shape, thinking about what I'm scared of most. All of a sudden there was a man with scraggly black hair sitting in a chair with his head lulling to the side, his pale arms were cuffed to the arms of the chair in which he was seated. A dark red mark in the middle of his chest was staining his Azkaban prison uniform, caused by the lustrous dagger sticking out of his chest. I knew instantly who the corpse was and my heart broke, seeing my father sitting before me dead was my worst fear. I felt tears threatening to spill over. "Come on Annabelle, you can do it." I heard Remus' hoarse voice say quietly, I knew this also upset him. I cleared my mind and raised my wand. "Riddikulus!" I yell as I close my eyes, I hear my Dad's barking laugh and open them once again. He was playing peek-a-boo like how he used to when I was little, tears spilled over my cheeks in happiness and there was smile on Remus' face. He called the next person up as I was embraced by Fred and George. "You alright love? " Fred asked in a hushed tone and I nodded.

"Your Boggart is Sirius Black dead? "A voice asked, I recognized it as Dominick Bates, a Slytherin who finds it fun to be mean to me. His mouth was twisted into a sickening grin and his dark hair was brushed up, he radiated arrogance and self absorption."If I found Black dead I'd throw a celebration, the lunatic." His voice alone irritated me But the words he said made me snap. In a flash I pulled out my wand and aimed it at his neck. "You evil, little sh-"
"Didn't you read the Daily Prophet this morning? He was sighted near here, you going to help the criminal get into Hogwarts? You could go to Azkaban too, that'd be one less blood traitor in the school. Oh but you do know that when they do find him he'll get the dementors kiss." He sneered. I knew all about the dementors kiss and that it would basically kill Dad. I fought against Fred's restraint and punched Dominick right in the nose and it began gushing out blood. "Miss Black I will see you in my office after school." Remus said with a disapproving glare.

After class I trudged down to Hagrid's lesson ignoring the attempts made by Fred and George to calm me down. By the time we got to his hut I had some what calmed down and the boys stopped their attempts of calming me down. "C'mon everyone gather round, got a real treat for yeh today! Right follow me." We followed Hagrid round the edge of the Forbidden Forest, I was praying that we didn't have to go inside. We followed him to a couple of minutes and in that time Fred and George kept snapping me out of thought by scarring the crap out of me and jumping out at me. I would playfully smack them on the arm and continue walking. Eventually we reached a paddock like area, we all gathered round and was told to get out our books. Luckily we weren't given the Monster Book of Monsters like Harry was given, so we got out our non-murderous books and set our bags down. "What are those?" George asked in a whisper, a bizarre creature came trotting over to us.
"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid yelled happily, the creature had the body and tail of a horse, head, wings and front legs of a giant eagle. It was truly magnificent. "They're beautiful Hagrid." I said as I stared in awe at the Hippogriff.
"Mr Weasley do yeh want ter go first?" Hagrid asked, George pushed Fred towards Hagrid and Fred's face paled as he slowly approached Hagrid. "So what do I do exactly?" Fred asked his hands were shaking and he only got like this when he heard McGonagall approaching mid prank, she was the only woman he was scared of besides his mum. "Walk up to it and pet it, now remember Hippogriffs get easily offended so don't insult it. Wait for it to make the first move, yeh bow then wait. If he bows back yeh're allowed ter touch him. "Hagrid instructed, Fred did as Hagrid told him; he greeted the grey hippogriff, made eye contact and bowed respectfully. I could see Fred holding his breath, fear clearly etched on his face. 

The large beast gracefully bowed back to Fred and relief spread across his face. "Well done Fred! " George and I yelled as everyone else joined us clapping whilst Fred walked up and stroked the hippogriff's beak, he walked back to us and let out a long held breath. "Holy crap. That was terrifying." He murmured, I laughed and began to tease him and ruffled his hair. "Aww was Freddiekins frightened for his wittle life." I said and he gave me a weak smile as colour refilled his face. "Yes I was." He said simply. I giggled as Hagrid dismissed the class and we walked back up to the castle. I groaned as I remembered I had to go see Remus because I punched Dominick. "I'll see you guys at dinner, I have to go see Professor Lupin." I said as we made our way to the entrance hall.

"Okay see you in a bit." The twins replied at the same time.
"Its creepy when you guys do that." They chuckled as I raced up the stairs to Remus' classroom.