Quidditch

I was flying around trying to catch the Quaffle whenever it was thrown at me and also dodging the Bludgers when they rocketed towards me. I scored two goals even though I could hardly see in front of me, after five minutes most of the team was soaked to the bone. After what felt like hours I became really tired, I saw flaming red hair then a Bludger flew at me, I ducked making it narrowly miss my head. "Sorry Love!" Fred yelled as loud as he could but it still sounded like a whisper. 

Shortly after we started the lightning eased off but a large, bright bolt flew across the sky, I faintly heard Madam Hooche's whistle and I slowly made my way to the ground. I landed and trudged my way through mud over to Wood with my teeth chattering in the cold. "What's the score?" I asked him.

"We're up by fifty but unless we catch the snitch soon we'll be playing into the night." Wood said and I groaned at the thought of sitting on that broom freezing my arse off for another couple of hours. "I've got no chance with these on." Harry said waving his glasses. Suddenly Hermione came from the stands with her cloak over her hair. "I have and idea Harry! Give me your glasses." She said taking his glasses from him, we all watched intently as Hermione used a charm that will repel water. Wood looked like he could kiss her. "Brilliant!" He called after her as she retreated to the stands. "Okay team, let's go for it!" He yelled enthusiastically as we all jumped back onto our brooms and flew into position.

 It looked like the charm was working for Harry, he flew a lot better now. I raced Lance Rice up the pitch as he went to score, unfortunately Wood didn't manage to save it and Hufflepuff scored. "Urgh!" I grunted as I raced up the pitch along side Angelina who had the quaffle. Suddenly there was a loud clap of thunder, immediately followed by forked lightning. It made me jump out of my skin and I almost fell off my broom but I tightened my grip and stayed on, all of a sudden I was fearing for my life. 'This is getting really dangerous' I thought as I watched Harry chase Diggory for the snitch, Cedric pulled back but Harry kept going higher and further away from the stadium. Something didn't feel right. "Anna watch out!" Fred yelled as a Hufflepuff chaser narrowly missed crashing into me, I was snapped back to focusing on the game. Suddenly everyone stopped and we all watched as Harry fell off his broom which was surrounded by Dementors. We watched as he fell faster towards the ground. Luckily Dumbledore shouted a spell and saved Harry from certain death.

We were all crowded around Harry's bed in the Hospital Wing, we being the entire team, Hermione, Ron, Seamus and Neville. "Lucky the ground was soft." Fred said jokingly, I whacked him on the arm and returned to my original position in the arm chair. "I thought he was dead for sure." I said grimly.
"But he didn't even break his glasses." Neville said.
"It was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life." Katie said solemnly. All of a sudden Harry's eyes snapped open ans we all stood over him. "Harry how are you feeling?" Fred said, Harry looked confused, he tried sitting up but I made him stay laid down. "What happened?" He asked.
"You fell off." Fred replied. "You must've been-what- fifty feet." He continued as he turned to me for clarification and I nodded. "We thought you'd died." I said, I could feel myself starting to shake, Fred put his arm around me to stop me from shaking. Harry inquired about the match and we all stood there looking from one to another, not sure how to break the news to Harry. "We didn't lose?" He asked, I saw his face had fallen.
"Diggory got the snitch just after you fell. He didn't realize what happened. When he saw you on the ground he tried to call it off, wanted a re-match. They won fair and square... Even Wood admits it." George said glumly. "Where's Wood?" Harry asked looking around at us.
"Still in the showers." Fred said.
"We think he's trying to drown himself." I finished for him. Harry sat there and I could tell he was angry with himself by how he was sitting. "Hey c'mon you've never missed the snitch before." Fred said.
"There had to be one time you didn't get it." I said to Harry softly, trying not to upset him even more.
"It's not over yet, we lost by a hundred right? So if Hufflepuff lose to Ravenclaw and we beat both Ravenclaw and Slytherin..." Fred said positively.
"Hufflepuff'll have to lose by two hundred points." Said George.
"But if they beat Ravenclaw." Fred retaliated.
"No way, Ravenclaw are too good. But if Slytherin lose to Hufflepuff."
"It all depends on the points- a margin of a hundred either way." Fred argued.
"Oi, idiots, shut up!" I yelled at them ending their debate. I gestured for the team to go then turned to Harry. "We'll come and see you later, and hey, don't beat yourself up about it Harry, you're still the best seeker we've had." I said as I left the Hospital Wing.

I walked back to the common room, got changed and sat down by the fire. No one else was here because it was late, I didn't go to dinner since I wasn't very hungry, I'll probably sneak down to the kitchens later and get something. I was jolted out of thought by a large person sitting sown next to me. "You alright love? You look freezing." Fred said as he observed my jaw chattering even though I was next to the fire. I nodded and he opened his arms, gesturing for me to come closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and we laid there by the fire, warm in each other's body heat. My stomach was doing flips as I breathed in his cinnamon and home-made baked goods scent; the smell comforted me and I felt safe, slowly my eyelids began to get heavy and I fell asleep in Fred's large, welcoming, safe arms.