Christmas Wish

It was Christmas eve and the castle was empty, almost all the students had gone home for the holidays. It was just me, Harry, Hermione and the Weasleys left in Gryffindor. Fred, George and I were wandering aimlessly round the castle looking for something to do. No students to prank, no first years to scare. We're so bored. "Why don't we go outside and enjoy the snow." I suggested, I'm tired of just walking about. We went up to the common room to get our coats and I invited Ginny to join us because she was bored out of her mind too. We walked down to the grounds which were covered in a thick white blanket of snow. I challenged the guys to a snowman building contest. Boys vs Girls. Mine and Ginny's was going really well until the twins pummeled us with snowballs. We started throwing back and it turned into an all out war, every man for himself. We finished off and made our way back to the common room. We got changed into our and sat on the sofa, Ginny and I talking whilst Fred and George came up with new pranks. By eleven o'clock I could barely keep my eyes open so I said goodnight and headed up to my bed, excited because it's Christmas tomorrow and I might send a letter to dad saying Merry Christmas.

On Christmas morning I was awoken by Ginny and Hermione, who were sleeping in my bedroom whilst the girls were away, they were fine with it. "Okay I'm up, I'm up." We all dragged our presents to the middle of the room and I got the following: 

Honeyduke's sweets from RemusHome-made fudge/ blue jumper/ mince pies from Mrs WeasleyA muggle book called Pride and Prejudice from HermioneBroom servicing kit from HarryQuidditch through the ages from Ron Fireworks from George A beautiful infinite necklace from Fred

The necklace from Fred was gorgeous. "Hey Gin can you help me put this on?" I asked her just as she was about to put a Bertie Bott's every flavored bean in her mouth. She shuffled over and fastened it round my neck. "Who's this from?" She asked curiously and I blushed.
"Fred." This gives me a round of "Awwws" from Hermione and Ginny. "No, we're not like that, we're just friends." I said defensively.
"Yeah sure." I heard Hermione mumble under her breath. For the rest of the morning we stayed in my dorm talking, joking and I may have accidentally set a firework off and it flew into the common room, but no one came up or screamed so I guess no one was in there. We got dressed and headed down to the Great Hall for Christmas dinner and I ran into Remus on the way there. "I'll see you guys there." I walked over to him and gave him a huge hug. "Merry Christmas Moony."
"Merry Christmas Annabelle." He replied.
"Thank you for the sweets, they all look delicious." I said.
"That's okay, thank you for the chocolate frogs. I've had one already and got Dumbledore again, that's the 5th one." He chuckled, I laughed with him. "Do you want to have dinner just you and me, I'm not keen on having Severus stare daggers at me the whole dinner. " He requested.
"I'd love to Remus, of course." I replied. We walked back to his office and the house elves have already set everything up. We talked a lot and enjoyed the meal, the turkey was delicious as were the roast potatoes, gotta love house elf cooking. "Have you written to your father yet? I know you do that every year." He asked sheepishly. It had completely slipped my mind. 

"No, not yet, I'll probably do that later." It all goes quiet but it's not an awkward silence, it's more bearable than that. We finished and the plates magically disappear, I walked to the door with Remus. " Merry Christmas Moony, thank you again for the present." I said hugging him once more. 

"You're welcome, now off you go and have a pleasant evening." He said as he closed the door. I ran back to my dorm so I could write the letter to dad, luckily Ginny and Hermione were downstairs.

Dear Padfoot, 

I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas as does Moony. I hope wherever you are you're not too cold. I love you and miss you and please, for the love of Godric, don't get caught by anyone. I couldn't bare lose you again.Best wishesPuppy xxx

I took the letter and rushed to the owlery where Pixie was enjoying a Christmas treat. "Hello Pixie, Merry Christmas. Take this to Padfoot please." I said whilst tying the parchment to her leg. I've trained her to know and recognize who Padfoot is so she knows who to look for. As I left the owlery it was already dark, I checked my watch and it was eight o'clock. However, by the time I got back to the common room it was nine because I had a rather unpleasant encounter with Peeves where he soaked me, forced me outside so I was freezing, then when I came back in he locked me in a cupboard and, me being me, I didn't remember the unlocking spell for another twenty minutes. When I got back I was dry but still cold so I got past a drunk Sir Cadogan, who was filling in for the Fat Lady and I walked in and only Fred was in the common room. "Where is everyone?" I asked him making him jump. " Oh God, it's you. Well George is asleep, Harry and Ron are sulking about a Firebolt and Hermione and Ginny are in Hermione's safe haven, the library." Fred said jokingly.

"Why on earth are they on the library, it's Christmas!" I yelled which earned a lot of shhh's from the paintings. I laughed and sat down next to Fred, pulling my box of fudges closer to me. "I see you got my present." He said cheerily, pointing at my necklace.
"Yes, it's so beautiful thank you so much. It must've cost you a fortune." I said hugging him. There's a lot of hugging today. "It's no biggie, trust me." He said batting his hand. I took a bite of Mrs Weasley's fudge and it melted in my mouth. "Wow your mum's fudge is amazing." I whisper/yell and Fred frowns.
"Aww, I just got Christmas cake." I giggle.
"Awww does Freddie want some fudge?" I laugh as he nodded his head vigorously. "Aww, too bad." I said teasingly and bit down on the finger of fudge. "Mmm." I smiled and boasted about my fudge. Fred frowned and took a large finger of fudge out of the box and held it  between his teeth. "Oi!" I yelled and tried to take it back, Fred held down my hand to prevent my from trying to take it but it only made me think of how to take it some other way. Fred leaned towards me and I chomped my teeth down, he moved the fudge away just before I took a bite of it. "I would like my fudge back thank you very much." I said cheekily. 

Fred grinned and shook his head. "My fudge now." He said as he slowly munched on it, I watched as the finger of fudge became smaller as it stuck out of his mouth. To distract  Fred I thought of giving him a riddle to think of, that way I could get the last inch of fudge that was there, it may have been pathetic that I wasn't going to let him have it all but, to be fair, his mum's fudge is better than any fudge I've ever tasted. "Fred, what can you hear and not see, and only speaks when it is spoken to?" I said quickly. His face furrowed in confusion as to why I was asking such a bizarre question at this point in time, he then got over it and leaned his head back in thought. I took this as an opportunity to stretch up and grab the fudge. I leaned up on my knees and tried to reach Fred's face, this was a difficult task since he still had my hands pinned down. 

I lost my balance on my knees as I tried to grab the fudge with my teeth and smashed our lips together instead. I didn't pull away since I was in shock, but I then recovered and kissed him. A great and weird feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach that I couldn't get rid of. Our lips moved in sync as I felt him kiss back. I pulled away and saw the shock on his face, I looked around and saw...Ginny! Her jaw was on the floor. I looked between them both as no one said anything. I leaped off the sofa and ran up to my room, I heard Ginny's footsteps follow in pursuit. I turned around and locked the door so she couldn't get in. What did I just do?!? Ginny's banging on the door ceased as I heard Hermione's voice join her. "Anna are you okay?" Hermione asked softly.

"I don't know." I whispered, I heard Ginny tell her what she saw and I sat down and lent against the door.
"You did what!?" I heard Hermione yell on the other side.
"I-I don't know, I accidentally kissed Fred Weasley." I mumbled.
"What?" Hermione repeated. I played with my new necklace, twirling it in my fingers. "Repeat what you last said Anna." Hermione instructed.
"I kissed Fred Weasley!" I yelled, a grin grew on my lips and blush warmed my cheeks as I came into realization. I kissed Fred Weasley.......