Chapter 5

Okay So I'm doing a question and Answers book for every book in the temptation series! Ask any of the characters questions.

❝Summary at the end for Deadly Temptation. P.S. - To understand D's part you need to read Chapter 6 Part 2 of A Thug's Temptation.❞

Rod's Temptation; Five

"Can you explain why the house was filled with drugs?" The officer said, a mug on his face. D continued to stay silent, "What about 'Zero', this man has been on the run for years."

He pulled out a folder before he shook it, pictures falling out. All of them of a disguised Zero.

"This is him as Lance Kilon, Greg James, and Quincy Farrow." D still stayed silent, "Look, you could be going to jail for life. Second degree murder, possession of illegal drugs, and attempted murder are on your hands. Either you can work with me or you can be in your jail sail already."

D could either snitch and maybe lose some time or he could be locked down till the day he died. He wasn't a snitch at all, either way he had a lot of time on his hands.

The Feds were viscous, they wouldn't back down. If he told them about the drugs, that's putting Zane, Suan, Rod, and Terrence in the lock up. He knew they actually had a reason to be free, they had a family, something D didn't have. He couldn't take that way from them.

The officer smashed his fists against the desk before he stood up, mumbling that D couldn't be broken.

D sat in silence until another officer came in. The man couldn't be younger than thirty. He took a seat before he looked at D, straight into his eyes.

"I'm detective Ronald," he said with a smile that D ignored, "What was your relationship with Alex or Alecia?" The officer asked.

"We were friends in high school." D said.

"Did you or did you not murder Alecia Rose Ruge?" He asked.

D shrugged, it was true. He did murder her but he wouldn't give up yet.

"Were you or were you not in a drug house with a man known as Zero hanging from a rope at six-thirty P.M.?" He asked.

D nodded, yes.

"Look, son. Your fingerprints were all over Alecia's apartment. You can confess or we can just get it out of you."

D stayed silent, he had went through this more than five times but never was it for murder. He was still surprised he got caught.

The detective sighed, "Were you working with Zero?"

D shook his head, no.

Just at that moment, everything D did in life flashed before his eyes but they weren't good things. He started dealing, he started getting caught up in drugs, and now he murdered a innocent man.

Finally the guilt came to him, he held his head down, tears forming.

Weeks ago, D met up with Alecia in a club. They ended up getting drunk, going back to her house to fuck. The next morning, he left before she woke. Sniffing up cocaine, taking a few pills, anything to get the fact that he had sex with a man out of his head. But it only made it worse.

He started looking at men, noticing their futures more, becoming attracted to them. Somehow, he developed feelings for his best friend, Rod.

Before Alecia, he never looked at Rod as anything but a friend. He blamed her for it, he knew that Rod was happy with Mariah. He knew Rod wasn't gay and he damn sure wouldn't change for him.

The drugs still in his system, he decided if he ended Alecia, he ended the feelings for Rod. Without a second thought, he drove to her apartment and as soon as she opened the door, he shot her right between her eyes.

Still it didn't change his feelings, as much as he tried to hide it, it started showing. He called Rod every morning just to hear his voice, while Rod thought it was only to inform him on information about Zero.

"I murdered Alex Jeremiah Ruge and those drugs belong to me." He said as he looked up.

"Continue." The detective said before D told everything about the Alecia situation and how he became a drug dealer, not telling any names, leaving out Rod, Suan, Terrence and Zane.

************

Mariah woke up in a hospital bed, the last thing she remembered was seeing Payton in the grass.

"Riah?" She turned her head to see Rod sitting in a chair next to her.

"She okay?" She asked, referring to Payton.

"She didn't make it," Rod said, "she didn't have on her seatbelt. She went out the car, through the glass. She didn't survive the impact."

Mariah put her hands against her face as she sobbed softly.

"I shouldn't of got in the car." She cried as Rod moved the hospital blankets from her body, sitting next to her in the bed.

"You did what you thought was right." He said, moving her hands from her face, wiping her tears.

"Is Jas okay?" She asked. Though Mariah was still upset with her cousin, she was still blood.

Rod smiled before he pecked her lips, "Yeah, she's in surgery now. They're putting a plate in the back of her head, but it's undecided when she'll wake up."

"When can I leave?" She asked.

"As soon as the doctor comes back." He said and right on time, Dr. Hughes came in.

"Mariah," he said with a grin, "It's good to see you awake and back with us."

Mariah nodded, giving him a smile.

"Well, we ran some tests. Theirs no internal bleeding, she just hit her head pretty hard when she passed out. She'll probably have a small headache and a small bump on the back of her head, but that's all. Everything's great. You're very lucky, Ms. Jennings."

"Can I go home?" Mariah asked.

"Yep, we'll let you dress." He said before he pointed to her clothes on the chair and looked at Rod.

"Ima stay right here." Rod said before the Doctor shook his head and walked out the room.

Rod stood, grabbing Mariah's hand to help her up. He watched as she took off the hospital gown, putting on her jeans
and shirt.

"Ready?" Rod asked when she put her shoes on.

She nodded her head before he grabbed her hand before they checked out, walking back to the car. Rod unlocked the doors before they both got in the car.

"We'll contact you as soon as Ms. Jennings is out of surgery." A nurse said as she handed Mariah a bag with her purse and gun in it.

"Thank you." Mariah said as she shut the door, putting on her seatbelt.

Rod started the car before he drove off, one hand on the wheel, the other in Mariah's.

As soon as he got her home, Mariah noticed the new door.

"You fixed it?" She asked.

"I got T to do it." He said as he locked the door.

She nodded before she walked in her room, the mess was cleaned up, boxes all over the place though. It looked as if she wasn't at gunpoint by a obsessed man she barely knew because she wouldn't marry him.

Rod walked in behind her, laying on the bed as she started to remove her clothes.

"I'll be in the shower." She said before she walked to the bathroom, starting the water.

Rod stood up and finished packing her clothes while Mariah moved the curtains, stepping into the shower.

She sighed in pleasure as the hot water relaxed her muscles.

Everything that went on to today still played in her head.

"That's not a way to greet your boyfriend."

"Good, I guess. Heard Champy be six months soon."

"Mariah, I know you probably hate my ass but this is serious."

"It is, if he didn't have to be so fucking stupid!"

All her fears, nightmares, feelings played over and over, and finally she let everything out. Tears falling down her face.

Her hand went to her stomach as she thought of all the miscarriages she had. She couldn't get pregnant, every time she did it didn't survive for more than a month. She wanted to have a child with Rod some day, give him what he wanted but she couldn't. She would never tell him that though.

She wished everything that happened was just a nightmare. She had lost the person she had trusted most, almost lost her cousin, one that betrayed her. She was almost killed.

But there was one thing she hadn't noticed until now.

Rod had been there. Through it all, he saved her, he helped her, he comforted her, he was there. He relived her nightmares with her, he kept her safe.

She scrubbed her skin raw with the cloth in her hand, removing the pain. Though she couldn't forget, she forgave. She forgave Rod, Jasmine, Payton, and Zero. She couldn't move forward if she didn't.

She turned off the water, stepping out the shower. She dried off, wrapping a towel around her before she walked in the room where Rod was fast asleep, half of the room packed up.

She pulled off her towel before she walked to the bed, straddling him. She kissed his neck as he groaned softly in his sleep.

This time she wanted to make love.

She put her lips against his as his lips moved against her slowly, he was still half asleep.

She bit his bottom lip slowly, he opened his mouth, allowing her tongue in. His eyes were still closed as their lips moved together. He sat up, pulling off his white tee.

He didn't ask any questions, just giving her what she needed. Her breast were against his chest as he kissed her softly, their tongues moving together. He flipped over so he want on top.

He pushed down his shorts, along with with his Calvin Klein boxers. Once they were around his ankles, he pushed them off completely.

He grabbed Mariah's thighs, spreading her legs before he bent down, taking her caramel nipple into his mouth. He sucked on it softly, biting it before sucking away the sting. He switched to the other, giving it the same attention. He kissed down her stomach, dipping his tongue into her belly button.

Mariah put her hand against his head, watching him. He went lower til he was face to face with her pus*y. He kissed her cl*t before his tongue slipped out from his thick lips, circling it.

He licked from the bottom of her slit to the top, savoring her taste. His tongue moved faster against her as Mariah cried out. He pushed a finger into her, brushing her g-spot.

Mariah arched her back as he moved his finger in and out of her, still sucking on her cl*t. The tip of his fingers hit her g-spot again as she bit her lip to muffle her moans, her cream covering Rod's finger as she came.

Rod pulled his finger from her tight walls, sucking the juices from it before he pulled her closer to him. He positioned his self at her entrance, rubbing her cl*t with the tip of his d*ck.

He thrust into her, grabbing her hips as he pounded into her. He looked directly into her eyes, lust shining in her brown orbs.

He bent down, kissed her softly. His fingers moving against her cl*t. He pulled back, kissing her neck, sucking the skin softly. Mariah caressed her nipples while before she flipped them over, using all the strength she could.

She bent down so her and Rod were chest to chest as he continued to thrust into her, her meeting his thrusts.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear, tears filled her eyes as he grabbed her hips, grinding her into him.

She bit his shoulder as she came, three thrusts later, he came with a groan, kissing her softly. His finger caressed the tattoo of his initials on the back of her neck.

And finally she felt truly loved by him..

**********

"Hey mommy." Suan said as he played with Shuana.

She talked her cute little baby talk as Milan came in the room.

"You hungry, fat fat?" She asked as Shuana giggled. Milan picked her baby girl up before she sat on the couch, pulling down her shirt as Shuana latched onto her nipple.

"Has D called here?" Suan asked, it was strange that he hadn't hear from D at all.

"No," Milan said as she watched her baby girl close her eyes as she started to fall asleep, "Why?"

"I haven't seen him." Suan said before he laid down, his head on Milan's lap with Shuana's little feet next to his head.

A knock on the door made him sit back up.

"I'll get it." Milan said as she started to get up before Suan shook his head.

"I got it." He said before he kissed her lips before kissing Shuana's cheek.

He walked out of the living room and to the front door. He pulled out his phone before he opened the door, still looking down at his screen.

"Keshuan Camry?" A voice asked as he looked down at his phone.

"Yeah." He said as he finally looked up.

"You're under arrest." The police officer said, "please step out so we can handcuff you."

Suan shook his head as Milan walked to the door, holding a sleeping Shuana.

"The hell you talking bout?" He asked.

"Sir, either you come out or we take you out." The other officer said.

"Nah, the fuck I'm being arrested for?" Suan asked before he turned to Milan, "Go upstairs, baby."

The officer walked up, taking Suan by surprise as he pulled Suan out the door. Suan pushed the officer off him.

"Nigga, the fuck is you doing?" He shouted as the other officer came behind him, pushing him against the house.

Shuana woke up as she heard the sound of her daddy being pushed against the house, her cries filled everyone's ears as Milan tried to calm her down.

"Take her in the house!" Suan said as he was handcuffed.

Tears filled Milan's eyes, she didn't know what to do.

"What do I do?" She cried while the police officer told Suan his rights.

"Get a lawyer!" Suan said as they pulled him back from the house, pushing him into the cop car.

He was furious, he hoped this didn't have nothing to do with D.

Who snitched?

*********

"What it say?" Terrence asked with a smile on his face as he watched Skylar stare at the test.

"Two lines." She said as she jumped on him.

He grabbed her ass, holding her up as he kissed her softly. He sat her on the counter as he put his hand on her stomach.

He grinned at her, he couldn't stop smiling, he had his wife by his side and now his child.

A knock on the door made him pull back.

"Ima get it." He said before he walked downstairs. He looked through the peep hole before he opened the door.

"You suppose to he with Mariah, nigga." Terrence said to his cousin.

"She went to the hospital to see her cousin." Rod said as he walked in, "What chu so happy bout?"

Skylar walked downstairs, a smile on her face too.

"Damn, dawg. Was I interrupting something?" Rod asked.

Skylar walked to Terrence as Terrence wrapped his arms around her, caressing her tummy.

Rod looked at them in confusion before it registered in his head.

"Congrats, cuz!" He said as he dapped Terrence before hugging Sky, "I'll let y'all have ya moment."

Skylar shook her head, "Y'all can go grocery shopping for me."

"Hell nah." Rod said before he walked in the kitchen to get something to drink only to find it almost empty, "Damn."

"Exactly," Skylar said before she picked up a piece of paper from the counter, "Here's what I need."

Terrence sighed before he pecked her lips and took the piece of paper from her.

"C'mon." He told Rod before they walked out the house and to the car.

"She like these?" Rod asked as he held a box of Apple Jacks in his hand.

Terrence shrugged, "I guess."

Just as they pulled out the cereal isle two cops started walking their way.

"You see that?" Terrence asked.

"Yeah." Rod said as he made a turned into the next isle, walking faster.

"Shit." Terrence said they were right behind them. He let go of the basket of groceries and started running just as the cops did.

"Fuck." Rod cursed as one of them pushed him to the ground, handcuffing him as he read their rights. He looked up to see Terrence pressed up against the freezer as he got cuffed too.

What the fuck?, Rod thought.

********

"Champ, I don't know what the hell you talking bout?" Zane said as he sighed as he watched her pace back and forth as he sat on the edge of the bed.

Today she was six months, and the way her emotions were changing it was no joke.

"What's this then!" She shouted as she held up a pair of panties, the new ones he bought her not even a week ago.

"They yours!" He said as he got up.

"Where you going?!" She shouted as she followed him out the room and into ZJ's room.

"Out, man!" He said as he picked up his son. He kissed his cheek before he put him back on his bed and went into Zaniah's room, Champy still following him.

"So you gone leave me here!" She shouted as Zane kissed Zaniah's forehead.

"Champagne!" He whispered before he lifted Zaniah's pillow slowly. He picked up her tooth, replacing it with ten dollars before he walked out the room.

"I'm sorry." Champy sobbed as Zane walked back in their bedroom.

"I'm coming back," He said before he wrapped his arms around her, "I'm going to the trap."

"Be safe, check your surroundings." Champy said as she looked up at Zane, pecking his lips.

"I will." He said before he picked up his keys, walking out the house and to his car.

He turned up the radio as he pulled out his driveway. Right when he was about to get on highway, blue and red lights flashed behind him. He looked in the back seat as he pulled over, making sure he didn't have any drugs in the back that he hadn't delivered yet.

He rolled down his window as an officer flashed a bright ass light in his face, "License and registration?"

Zane sighed as he reached into his pocket, pulling it out before he handed it to him.

"Zane Chambers is it?" The officer asked as he handed him the driver license and ID back.

"Yeah."

"Step out the car." He said, shining the light right into Zane's eyes.

"What for?" Zane asked as he sat back in his seat.

"You're under arrest."

**********

Mariah stared at her cousin. No emotions, just a blank stare.

Her and Jasmine were close in their childhood, they considered theirselves cousins. Tears started in Mariah's eyes as she remembered her childhood.

Around the age of nine, they were introduced to their Uncle Pain. They always fought for his attention, they never had a father to look up to. Mariah's mother died right after she had her, her father taking his life soon after. Ever since then, she looked up to her granny who raised both her and Jasmine. Soon she died when Mariah was seventeen.

Uncle Pain was always their for both girls. One day, they were home alone. Aretta, their grandmother, left Pain to watch them.

Both being girls they were changing, trying to find something to wear to bed just as he walked in. Being only in their underwear and a tank top they covered their self under the covers.

Pain insisted that he was their godfather, they could change in front of him. He sat on the bed, watching them as they continued to hide under the covers.

"Come here, Jasmine." He told her before she walked over to him before he told Mariah to come too.

He was about to touch them before their grandmother walked in just in time. Now he was somewhere in prison.

For Mariah, it made her stronger but for Jasmine, it did the opposite. The only man she had trusted, almost raped her. She never knew how to love, how to do it right, and that's why she got hurt every time she did. So she gave up on love, finding what she needed in sexual pleasure.

Mariah wiped her tears as her phone rung.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Baby?" Rod asked.

"Yes?," she said as she looked at the caller ID, "Who's number is this, Rod?"

He explained everything to her, telling her about how D was missing.

'One minute remaining' the automatic voice said.

"What do I do?" She asked as tears streamed down her face, once again she was living a nightmare.

Losing Rod.

"Get a lawyer." Rod said, "I love you, Riah, stay strong for me."

He could hear the pain in her voice, she was scared. He could tell just by her shaky voice.

"I love you too."

********************************************

Deadly Temptation:

Miracle Johnson was twenty-four living life as a Finance Accountant. But her job didn't take away the pain of her past. She had been through it all, and all she had was her two best friends and her brother. She was broken, every man that she let in had his fifteen minutes and left, leaving her broken once again. Though it wasn't visible, she had scratches, scrapes, shatters and even cracks. She was as broken as it gets. Their were only two guys she trusted: her brother and her brothers best friend, Chez. Chez was her second-brother and nothing more but once he finds out Miracles problems and secrets, he becomes her Miracle, something she can't handle.

Chante Anderson was twenty-three, probably the youngest one of her "crew". As strong as she looked, that was just her cover. Behind doors she was constantly thinking of how far she had come though she felt as if she was still nothing. She was working as a soon-to-be lawyer, in her last year of law school with her two girls at her side. But that was all, no husband, no children, and no love. She had secrets, that no one knew of, not even Mariah and Miracle. The scars on her wrists were always healed, but they never disappeared, they were there even when you didn't see them. But this time she's a new woman, ready for the world and what it has to bring. But not just ready for Ethics, the one that could change her direction in life with one word and completely heal those scars.

This Wattpad update, yes lord. Sorry for the short chapter :(.

-Haleyxx