"Damn it," Lynx curses. "Tell him that I'll come during training," she sighs in defeat. "Make sure nothing bad happens to my friends."

"Are you sure about that? You've been avoiding them for a long time, now you're suddenly following orders?"

"I have no choice," she groans. "I don't want to get my friends involved."

The two chuckle in amusement. "You're really loyal to your friends," the elder says. "I guess that's one of the things that make you human."

"That's because I am a human."

"And yet you and your friends are still called rejects." he taunts.

Lynx grabs him by the wrist and pulls him close. She digs her nails onto his skin until blood is drawn. He meets her gaze and gives her a smug look. "Is this something that a human would do?" he mocks.

"Descendant of Gemini, Luhan, leave." Lynx says through gritted teeth.

A gateway opens underneath Luhan's feet then it pulled him in, Lynx didn't miss the smug look he had before he was fully swallowed by the gateway.

"Do you always have to be that harsh with each other?" the younger asks as he takes out Lynx's switchblade.

"Give it back, Sehun." Lynx says.

"Only if you're really going to meet my master." Sehun tells her.

"I'll meet him." she whispers.

Sehun runs the blade across his skin before returning it to Lynx. "Send me back."

"Sehun, go back to your realm." a gateway opens and Sehun is gone quickly.

Once she is sure that they weren't coming back, Lynx takes a shower and gets dressed in her uniform. She mentally scolds herself for losing her temper with Sehun and Luhan earlier. The more she loses her temper, the less human she feels... and the more she feels like she's one of them.

One of the stellar spirits or the so-called descendants of the constellations.

The world is divided into two realms; The Earth realm in which normal humans live in and the spiritual realm in which those descendants live in.

Lynx is one of the unlucky ones. She's half-human and half-descendant. She belongs to neither realm hence she's called a "reject". There are only four rejects in existence and all four of them have been locked in the same facility since their childhood. Humans fear them and spirits mock them. They were made to become outcasts.

Their descendant parent left them once they were born while they were forced to leave their human parent. Lynx's case was different since she never met her parents. As far as she remembers, she was left at the doorstep of the facility when she was very young.

She looks at the time, it was training time. She leaves her room and heads towards the training room. Everyone she passed by quickly avoided her but she didn't bat an eye. She enters their assigned training room and she is immediately greeted by her fellow 'rejects'.

"He's expecting you to come." Kyungsoo, her closest friend, tells her.

Lynx only nods as she walks towards her mentor. She bows her head as a sign of respect. "You didn't need to get the others involved, master Minseok."

Minseok is Lynx's mentor, he's also Sehun and Luhan's tamer. He's been training Lynx and the other rejects ever since they were young.

"You are running out of time Lynx, there was no other option. I have already given you enough exemptions since I thought you weren't ready but now you're just making excuses." Minseok says.