Two Years?

"Riza, congratulations. Your kuya and I are so proud of you. Tell me when you're free so we can eat out again, all right? But see you, later." Ate Maine said before we hang up. She called me few hours before my graduation ceremony started and then few minutes ago after I sent her text telling her that it's done. I would've wanted her to be there since I asked Kuya to ask her to go, however, Ate Pat said that it may cause a buzz on the ceremony so Ate Maine declined. We're now driving back with Daddy and my little sister while Kuya drove back to Manila to fetch Ate Maine, even though it's not needed as she said. Kuya is just... I can't even. He's so whipped he want to be with her each and every time. I almost got jealous, to be honest. When we're together all he talks about is Ate Maine and when it's his free time he usually spends it texting/talking to her over the phone or they go out. But that was before I personally witnessed how happy they are when they're together.

I'll let you in a secret, alright?

Kuya has always liked Ate Maine. I mean, he adored her even before she was at EB. He's been a fan of her dubsmash videos and has watched every one of them. So he once said that he was really surprised to see her at the brgy as Yaya Dub, but he was happy for her. Then that first smile happened. I remember Kuya saying, "Kinilig din ako." I also remembered laughing with him and we never thought that a day would come that he'll be more than kilig with Ate Maine. And then as days pass by, we saw how Kuya changed. From Yaya Dub he has been calling her Maine more often. He was really frustrated on their first supposedly meet during the Dabarkads showdown. And then I remember him saying that he was kinda lost during that long table date. He was happy but at the same time frustrated coz Ate Maine was too far, then their first almost meeting when Plywood decided to make an entrance. All the pent-up frustrations of their almost meet suddenly overflowed that time, hence it was easier for him to cry. Then I remember him telling us about the abduction arc. He said that he didn't get his hopes up since he doesn't want to be frustrated again if he won't see her again hence the "tsinito look" and kilig smile that showed in his face was all real. He was really happy seeing Ate Maine up close. Seeing Ate Maine after almost a week and not through the screen was more than enough for him to forget all the discomfort he was experiencing on that episode: the cloth on his forehead was so tight and his hands were tied at his back and were starting to hurt. And not to mention when Ate Maine bumped into him. I can't forget how deep Kuya's smile was! And then the first visit at the mansion came. I remember Kuya sleeping late the night before coz he said he was really excited to finally see her and talk to her despite the 1 foot rule of Lola Nidora. We all saw how nervous he was, the sweat on his forehead and clothes was some of the proof. But when he finally saw Ate Maine, we all saw how he can't keep his eyes off her, right? He was staring too much that made Ate Maine unable to look at him. It was one of the episode where I was laughing and was kilig, as well. Then their first subuan happen and then the first hawak-kamay. Ate's really something. I think being a Hokage is like a cold, nakakahawa. But of course, who would forget the Tamang Panahon? Where all of us almost forgot to breathe, cried our hearts out and cheered/squealed till our tonsils almost give up and let go? It was the day when Kuya did almost everything he was dreaming of doing for and to Ate Maine. It was their first legal holding hands, hugs and dance. It was the first time when they were able to talk and were free to be beside each other. He already learned who the real Ate Maine was through her "for your eyes only" letters but he said talking to her made him know about her more. But then, since they really doesn't have the chance to talk often, due to their schedules, confusion and misunderstanding sometimes happen. Kuya isn'st the type to talk about his feelings, he's more into showing them but some factors prevented him from doing so hence he was grateful when the staff thought of asking him to write a poem. He's really not into writing, he's a Math wizard so he's more into numbers but he did his best to convey his feelings for Ate Maine. I remember him saying that he was expecting her to reply but through a letter so he was really surprised to hear her read her poem on National TV which made him happy and proud of her. After that, he said everything became clear and he was sorry for her confusion on what he felt for her. That's when Kuya decided to go all out on Ate Maine. Her surprise birthday cake and her song on his birthday was the first then the words on her poem. And so when Ate Maine's birthday came, that was the first time ever I saw how busy Kuya was on preparing for someone else's birthday. At first I thought it was just to return the favor when Ate Maine prepared for his birthday but when I learned about the gifts he personally thought of and prepared, I told myself that he's really serious. The E gift was something even us don't know about but I think we're all thinking of the same thing, right? Then, he surprised her at Boracay which was the cause of Ate Maine's tampo for several days. Pabebe din kasi to si Kuya minsan taz magtataka kung bakit nde siya nirereply-an ni Ate Maine. Haha. But when he came back from Boracay despite how bitin he was, he looked happy ajd contented. Kita naman di ba? :) But then he gotta fly to Canada and then Ate Maine was rushed to a hospital. Kuya was really worried about her, enough to ask if he could postpone the show. They were actually surprised since it was a first of him asking something like that. But because Ate Maine assured him that she's okay, he reluctantly go. But that didn't stop him from checking on her each and everytime he could to the point that Ate Maine called me to help her assured the guy that she's okay. They were funny, actually. Oh, remember when they were together for days? Taping of GGMY and then at Dakak? Haha. Kuya was actually sending us updates and it was all about Ate Maine. How scared she was while they were on a jetski but eventually enjoyed it. How fun it was to be with her at Dakak or how good she was when they were acting. It was all about her. If he wouldn't kill me, I'm gonna post a screenshot of his texts to you, guys. But then, I still need them for blackmail. Lol!

Why am I telling this to you? Well, I just graduated and soon, I'll be looking for a job and Kuya's done helping me. Technically, he no longer have any obligation left. And it's time for him to think of his future. So.... His house is done. He's done with his so-called obligation- Me. And he already found a girl who makes him happy. All that's left is? :) Two years? Hmmm.