Friends

She gave him an awkward "Hi" and he answered with a surprised "Hey".

She was just looking at him and he was, at her, too.

Exchanged of pleasantries. Funny how it was kind of awkward and tense to talk to someone who has been part of your life and whom you've once planned of spending your lifetime with. Someone whom you thought of someday, making a family with. Someone you happily dreamed of names of your future kids with. Someone who was once the reason of your happiness but was also the cause of your biggest heartbreak.

Talking to that someone's easy but when memories came and flashbacks started to play, it was fun but sad at the same time. It feels great to be with that someone too but the pain you've once thought was forgotten emerges. Seeing that person smile at you again makes the world a little brighter but remembering that moment your heart got broken makes it dimmer than usual. Being with that person makes the world a better and more beautiful place but the days spent alone and hurt made one see and realized how ugly and poor this world is.

As the night goes deep, so are the emotions that keeps on wanting to get out. She then told him how much she missed him. He then told her the same. Then silence. Each thinking of what they would do in the future. Each reminiscing of the good old days. Each trying their best to hide the happiness of being together brings. Despite the fear of getting hurt again, remembering those moments make their hearts a bit braver. Brave. Which they thought was enough to try again.

"I...-", she stopped when he saw him kissing her. The kiss was finish before she's done deciding whether to close her eyes or run away.

"I, just wanted to say goodbye. I'll be going back. It was nice to see you, again." She silently congratulated herself for not stuttering.

"Nice to see you, again. And thanks for dropping by. Have a safe flight." He said and then turned his back.

She too, started to turn away then remembered something.

"Friends?" She asked while offering her right hand.

He looked back, smiled and accepted her hand.

HER:
She smiled and turn away while tears started to fall while letting her right hand feel her heart which just got broken for the second time, because of the same guy, six years ago.

"You could've at least asked me to stay. I would've stayed. I would be willing to give up everything for you. I would have."

HIM:
A slap from his friend burned his cheek. He just laugh and then let himself fell on the floor, crying.

"I still love her. I really do. But how can I selfishly ask her to stay when she's started to reach her dreams? I would love to ask her to stay but I can't."