I'm sorry.

Dear Jay,

That trip to Tagaytay was one of the fondest memory I always look back on. That hours of drive just you and me, our conversation that day, the laughter. I really thought you were being silly, you know? When you tried changing your voice so the crew won't recognize you. As if they won't see you once you get our order. And when you ate and made a mess of your face with ketchup, I thought I was letting a kid drive for me. But, you know, that day, was one of the best days of my life. I saw you as a man, a boy and the guy I was lucky to meet. I honestly have thought and planned to run away with you, you know? And you thought I was only joking. Just to come clean, I didn't laugh because I wasn't being serious, I laughed because I never thought that your eyes could ever be as big and as round on that day. Added to that was your mouth hanging open and your face turning red. Never once have I forgotten that scene and whenever I remember, I would always end up laughing, to a poin that one of my friends once thought I was being crazy.

Remember when we first held hands? Our hands cold from nervousness, your firm handshake and your subtle yet surprisingly assuring aura that day. My sister got surprised when I jerked her hand away from mine when she tried holding me after that time. I just wanted your touch to linger longer, you know? Silly, right?

How about that first time I laid my eyes on you? I would never forget the way you looked at me that day. Your dimpled smile that made me forget my lines and instead said a different one that made the director ended up laughing for several minutes. You laughed too, when you noticed me staring at you. I swore that day that the next time we meet won't be in an embarassing situation like that but I guess, Destiny just doesn't know how to cooperate with me, eh? But, deep inside, I know I was fine with it.

When I told you that I love skewers, I never thought that you'd eat them too and at the end you've eaten more, always, whenever we have them. Who would've thought? When you said, "Why them? They're not good for your body." I always laugh on you whenever I see you munching several sticks of them. But that's what makes you, you.

The first time I heard your poem, I was lost. Billions of thoughts were running on my mind. I know that I can always count on you and that what we have is always something special, but I never thought that you'll be as honest as that and so the reply I gave you had my soul and heart in it, just like how you've written your poem. Thanks to that, I kinda understood your heart and I knew that you understood mine.

I still can't forget that day at the Arena. The first time you held my hand, walked by my side, your hugs and your arms around my shoulders. All of those were surreal and yet I was happy. I would never forget your tears that day, too. For that's what draw me to you more.

Would you believe that I thought I was about to die from nervousness when I sang for you on your birthday? You could've felt my hand shaking when I grab yours when you were hiding behind your standee, right? But you know, when you were beside me, the nervousness suddenly vanished and all I could see was how happy you were on that day I was so proud of myself for pulling it off. I even patted my back for doing such a good job. But do you know how cold my hands were when I saw your dad? Gawd! I wanna kill those people for not telling me beforehand. I could've prepared a gift for him or something, but all was well and I, finally, had the opportunity to meet your old man.

Do you remember our fight? I usually want to erase bad memories but you know our fights had made us closer, don't you think so? Plus I get to receive flowers and food from you. Hehe.

You've always told me that I'm a ball of energy and happiness, right? And that I'm the most honest person you've ever met for the past five years, right? I'm sorry. I am actually one of the best liars there is. I've lied to you several times. And I keep on lying everyday, not only to you but mostly to my self. But since, this maybe the last chance I had, I'm gonna go out and be honest with you. Remember when you always ask me, before you go to sleep, if I li-love you? And my answer had always been no? That was a lie. Coz ever since we met, unconsciously you've been creeping into my heart, forcing your way in without knocking and carving your name in it. You're the only guy I would want to eat skewers with. You're the only boy I wanna tease and goof around with. You're the only man I want to permanently own my heart. You'll always be my forever love. I love you with all my heart. There. I said. But I wanna say sorry that I won't be able to hear your reply, that I can't cry if ever you'll reject me. That I was not able to say this to you personally. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to go on this journey forever. But I'm grateful that I met you and that I had the chance to spend time with you. I feel so blessed to fall in love with someone like you. I want you to be happy. And I'll watch over you from up there. Who knows? I might meet your mom there.

Your number 2 fan,
Dei

Tears were brimming down his face. The crew along with his leading lady was silent. It's as if their hearts were being pierced while he was calling his heroine's name. The director who was enthralled with his acting doesn't have the heart to cut the scene and so he just let him be.

Several minutes after, when the director nodded his head in approval, Maine went to Alden and hugged him. She then whispered, "Now I know what you'll look like if I'll be gone." That seemed to wake him up coz he instantly freed himself from her embrace and held her shoulders. He was about to speak when she said, "That is why, I'll never leave your side. We're in this together, forever, love." And hugged him tighter. Alden smiled and hugged her back. Amidst the stares and the crews trying their best not to squeal, the two stayed on the floor, never wanting to let go of each other.