His Future Girl

“Hi. I’m Dei and you are?” This weird but cute gal suddenly jumped in his way and was offering her right hand to him. It may have took him awhile before he was able to respond since she smiled and then gestured a handshake with her left hand. That act almost made him smile that he had to look away so she wouldn't see his smile. But the girl knew. “I won’t ask you to pay.”

“Pay for what?”

The girl just beamed at him, her eyes gleaming with amusement. He have never met any girl who could show much emotion just through her eyes and this girl is not even talking and yet he understood that she’s actually laughing at him. Surprisingly, it didn’t irked him instead he found himself smirking at her.

“There. You look cuter when you’re smiling.” The girl walked nearer to him and he flinched when she felt her hand on his shoulder. She was standing on her toes while staring at his face. He can smell her breath – almost. He stepped back but since the girl was still holding his shoulder, she was pulled to him and the distance between vanished. His arms automatically circled her waist to keep her from falling while her hand is now at his arm. His face covered with her hair. “You know, it would’ve been better if you fell on the floor, that would’ve been more romantic and more like a scene in a movie.” He heard the girl say that made him remove her hand on his arm and willed himself to remove his from her waist.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, while the girl was taking another step near him and he saw her smile when she saw that he didn’t step back this time.

Their distance is less than a foot now and yet she’s still walking towards him, making him think if it’s too late to start moving now. “So, are you still not telling me your name?” she heard him ask that halted his movement.

Thinking that telling her name wouldn’t cause any harm, resignedly, he said. “I’m Jay.” And then he sighed.

The girl’s smile turned wider, if that’s even possible, then she suddenly jumped into him and gave him a bear hug that surprised him. “I know. I’m Dei, you’re future girlfriend!” she whispered. He saw her triumphant smile when his body went stiff on what he heard. He felt her pinching his cheek that hurt a little and he was about to yell at her when she gave the very same cheek a peck and then run away.

“See you, around, FB.” she half-yelled. And then she threw a flying kiss to him.

He was still looking at her back while touching his cheek. And surprisingly his cheek felt warm and he felt light. He continued to his class, smiling and was actually looking forward seeing her again.

----
“Whew!” Dei, once hidden from Jay's view, immediately leaned on the nearest wall she could and placed her hand on her chest near her heart. It was thumping so loud, she was kind of having a hard time breathing. The encounter with Jay, her longtime crush, suddenly flashes back and she felt her cheeks burning. She took her mirror out from her bag and check her face – only to see her face flushed but her eyes gleaming. She looked so happy – joyous, even. And then before she’ll be late for her next class, she stared at herself through the mirror and said, “Congratulations, Dei. You, FINALLY, was able to talk to him. Well done, girl. I’m so proud of you!” She then hopped to her next class.