Kidnapped

The day was finally here. August 9th, the day I hoped my life would change forever. I could reach my full potential as a witch and maybe do some good in this world. I laced up my boots and put my wand holster on. It was a more sophisticated way to carry you wand instead of just carrying it or shoving it in your pocket. My goal was to try and stay calm though I was screaming with excitement on the inside. 

When I told my parents, they were so proud of me. They understood the importance of the letter and were very proud of their little girl. Even though I still didn't know exactly what they wanted from me. It was a very exciting and confusing time in my life. 

I made my way to my fireplace. The floo powder was hanging in a pot on the mantle. Reaching into the pot, I pulled out a decent size handle of the stuff. I never really liked traveling via the floo network. No matter how hard I tried I always managed to get soot on my clothes and shoes. I raised my hand up and spoke clearly. 

"The Ministry of Magic." I said. 

I let the floo powder hit the ground and the green heatless flames engulfed me. The best way I can describe traveling in the floo network, it kind of feels like going down a waterslide. But at the end you're usually coughing. 

I came to a sudden stop, and I knew that I had arrived at my destination. Stepping out of the fireplace I walked up to the entrance of the Ministry. There weren't too many people around since it was really late at night. However the Ministry was open 24/7. People constantly going in and out, but at night there was just dramatically less people. 

I waited in the grand foyer next to the fountain depicting the Battle at Hogwarts. It was also a memorial for those brave witches and wizards who gave their lives fighting for the good. Off in the distance I heard the clock tower start ringing. 

"It must be twelve. Right on time." I said looking at my phone. 

Just then I received a text from my mom.

Good luck hun! Love U!

All of a sudden I felt a person grab me and put a black bag over my head. I tried to scream but the bag must have been enchanted for the wearer to be silent. Whoever was grabbing me tied up my hands, so I couldn't reach for my wand. I dropped my phone. I could tell the person bent down and picked it up off the ground. 

The next thing I knew we used a port key and we landed on hard wooden floors. My capture sat me down in a chair. 

"Now hold still now, I'm not going to hurt you." He said.

It was a man. His voice sounded old and wavered. He removed the bag from my head but my hands remained tied. 

"Who are you?! Is this part of the Ministry meeting I'm supposed to be at right now?" I asked scared.

"I'm sorry my dear the letter was to get you there under false pretenses. The Ministry never sent for you. I did." He said sitting down in front of me. 

He had my phone and my wand. I was completely defenseless. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move. When it stepped into the light I knew exactly what it was. It was Winky the house elf.

"Winky? What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Sorry miss, I had me orders." She said back to me. 

I turned to the man and looked at his face. It seemed so familiar to me. I had never met this man before, but I've definitely seen him somewhere, a younger version. Then it struck me. 

"You're Minister Barty Crouch!" I yelled. 

He was taken back a bit.

"You're smarter than I thought. Yes I am, and I need your help." He said.