Reverte

I brushed off the dust from my pants. 

"Are you ready to finish this?" He asked me. 

I nodded and proceeded to walk up the stairs of my childhood home. The floorboards creaked and for some reason I was expecting something to leap out and get us, perhaps even a death eater. We both pressed on with Antonin's wand at the ready. I approached the door that Junior had locked seemly so long ago. He raised his wand, which I handed back to him.

"Alohomora" He said. 

A white smoke dissipated from the lock on the door. I took a deep breath, looked at Junior and grabbed the doorknob. It took every ounce of my strength not to rush over to my parents and hug them. I thought it would be best if we didn't scare them. My mother looked up at me from the floor. 

"Miss? Can you help me? I can't seem to remember what I was doing." She said in a sad tone. 

"Sure, I think I can help you both out." I said to them. 

My father came closer to us with a big smile on his face. 

"Your mum and dad must be very proud to have a daughter that would help strangers out." My father said to me. 

I looked down at him with tears starting to well up.

"You have no idea." I said to them smiling. 

I looked at Junior who was standing behind me. He walked over putting his hands on my shoulder. I really wasn't sure how to break this spell. I knew I had to use Antonin's wand but I wasn't sure how. I only knew of one counter that could possibly work and I had to place all my bets on it. I waved his wand.

"Reverte." I said loud and strong. 

I tapped the wand gently on top of my mother's head. The tip was glowing a bright blue color as it seemed like streams of light were entering my mother's body from the wand. When the light finally disappeared my mother collapsed to the ground. 

I rushed down to her side along with Junior. 

"Mum! Are you alright?" I grabbed her. 

She shook her head and blinked a few times. She looked up at me. 

"Ella? What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to go to the ministry?" She asked.

I couldn't believe it! It seemed like her memories were back. I hugged her hard and deeply. 

"I missed you so much mum" I said burying my head in her shoulder.

"It's okay dear, it's only been a day." She said confused. 

My mum looked at my dad on the floor. 

"Alfie, what are you doing on the floor?" She asked. 

"Who's Alfie?" He asked looking up at her. 

"Oh right, sorry dad." I said apologetically. 

I moved over to him and repeated the same process. I broke Antonin's wand clean in half after I made sure my parents were back to normal. They seemed very confused so I explained the entire situation to them and what had happened to them. 

"I always knew our daughter was brilliant Mary." My dad said. 

I looked around the room Junior wasn't there anymore. 

"Hey where is that handsome man you were talking about?" My mum asked. 

"I'm not sure." I replied.

I ran down the stairs to see where he was. He was standing the in the fireplace getting ready to use the floo network. 

"Where are you going?" I asked him. 

He turned around thinking he could sneak away easily. 

"I thought maybe you didn't need me anymore since you were able to recover their memories." Junior said.

I walked closer to him and softened my tone. 

"Junior, I need you. Not just now but always. I meant what I said, I love you."

I held his face in my hands and kissed him gently. 

"I guess I'm going to have to get used to someone loving me." He said smiling. 

I could hear my parents walking down the stairs. I brushed the soot off his shoulders and made him look as presentable as possible. 

"So this is the man that helped save not only us but our daughter." My father said. 

"No sir, I wasn't the one that saved her, she was the one that saved me." He said turning to look into my eyes. 

********************* MANY MONTHS LATER ********************

"So that is the story of the first man to survive the Dementor's Kiss. His name is Barty Crouch Jr. now age 28. Thank you for time and consideration and we will accept any result." I said to the council. 

I was at a ministry meeting. Kingsley Shacklebot was presiding over the case. I was speaking on behalf of Junior as his council. After everything that happened, of course the ministry found out about his new lease on life. As expected they wanted to lock him up in Azkaban for the rest of his days, but I couldn't let that happen. I was given a chance to defend his case, tell our story, and hope for the best. It seemed like the council was deliberating for hours when finally Shacklebot quieted everyone down. 

"Mrs. Underwood-Crouch, please rise along with Mr. Crouch Jr. Never before have I overwhelmingly agreed with the council on a case. Your husband is a former death eater and murderer, yet you seem so comfortable with him. After hearing your testimony of what happened, I can whole-heartedly agree this is a very precarious situation. It seems to me Mr. Crouch, that since your formal, for all intensive purposes 'death', you have been given a new chance at life. Not only did you time and time again protect this innocent girl and her parents, but you also stopped the last efforts to bring back Voldemort. In turn, saving millions of lives wizard and muggle alike. I think this clearly shows a willingness to change. You need to thank you wife Mr. Crouch. She just saved you from seeing the end of your days in a jail cell. I hereby dismiss the council, Barty Crouch Jr. is released from all charges against him. However, if you slip up my friend, you will being locked away until your real dying day. Do you understand?" He said to us. 

Junior shook his head in approval. 

"Good. Meeting is adjourned." Shacklebot said.    

You could hear the writers for The Daily Prophet thinking out loud what the headlines would be. 

I turned to Junior. 

"So how does it feel to be a free man?" I asked him with a big smile on my face. 

"More incredible then you can believe." He said scratching the back of his head.

"Even better then our wedding day?" I said slapping him on the shoulder.

He pulled me in and kissed me. 

"Nothing was more magical then that day. Thank you." He started to say.

"For what?" I asked. 

"For making me a better man. For saving my ass more times then I can count. For believing in me when it counted." He said.

"So does this mean we can FINALLY go on our honeymoon?" I asked. 

"As long as it's not Spain or Ireland, I think we will be okay." He said laughing.

I held his hand and we walked out of the meeting hall. There's no other person in this world I would rather be with, than a former death eater. 

THE END

Writers Note

Thank you so much so taking the time to read my fan fiction. It is a labor of love and was not expecting so many of you to enjoy my story. I finally was able to finish it during quarantine. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I had writing this story. 

🎉 Ai terminat de citit I Alone Remained Faithful (A Wizarding World of Harry Potter Fanfic) 🎉