Chapter 23

A week later. 

"Kyle!" I shout out his name as he stares into oblivion and the pancakes burn. 

I was under strict instructions not to cook or even step into the kitchen,but Jaxon was working and I was hungry and Kyle offered to cook me pancakes. 

A werewolf pregnancy lasts five months. The five months are usually easy, but all I can feel is pain with every step I take. I told Jaxon yesterday that I was in pain. Susan, our pack doctor told me I should be resting, that the child I was having had four Alpha bloodlines running through him along with hybrid blood. She did not know if it would be a vampire or a wolf but it didn't matter to me. My child was going to be strong and loved no matter what he was. 

Since yesterday I was under 'protection.' I was never left alone. Kyle or Ryan was with me constantly. Last week when we went home to my dads pack, I told them that Jake and Jasmine had taken me. The triple J team that wanted me. Ashton had laughed and so had Daniel. We didn't tell Lucy or Blake anything. They were too young but I did tell them I was pregnant. Lucy hoped it was a girl because she said there were not enough girls in our family. 

"Sorry sorry sorry." Kyle curses as he picks up the pan and throws the burnt pancakes into the bin. 

"What's wrong? You've been distracted." I question and he sighs as he covers his face with both of his hands. 

"I like this girl. She's on my mind, always, Beth. It's annoying me." He groans.

I burst out laughing as I stand up from the stool. "A girl? Who? Tell me? Does she have red hair?" I ask. 

He nods. "Her hair is so beautiful. She's human. I saw her a couple of days ago when I went around the border. She was taking pictures of trees, and I scared her." 

"Oh no." I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. 

"I'm being serious," he rolls his eyes. "I scared her but then I caught her because she was up high in the tree. She fell, but she is so beautiful, Beth. I don't know what to do. I couldn't even talk to her. I just ran." He sighs. "And now she's on my mind and I can't even cook." 

"Shall we try to find her?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. 

"No you need to be resting. Plus Ryan is busy with Chloe so he can't be here." 

That was the easiest excuse ever but it was the truth. Ryan did not choose Eric and Eric was fine with that. He was living happily in my house with my parents and teaching Lucy and Blake some magic tricks and he helped my dad with training sometimes. He kept himself busy while Chloe and Ryan lived here happily. 

"I need a walk and I am with you too. Nothing can happen, plus I got this,"I extend my arms out and show him my palms. Magic dances on my palms, lightning and a swirling storm. "I can protect us both." 

"Let me ask Jaxon." He says and I frown. 

"I don't need to ask him anything. You can tell him I am going outside for a walk with you but I don't need his permission." I cross my arms as I stare at Kyle who nods his head. 

Yesterday I sat down with Jaxon and I told him what I was feeling. I explained to him that I was pregnant but I didn't want to be leashed down and for him to become over protective of me. For him to control my movements. The child was mine and his. I was not going to bring it any harm and he had to trust me. I was not going to be let out of the house just because he allowed it. We did argue but I told him the truth. That I was not going anywhere but he could not keep me inside. I would happily be with Kyle or Ryan at all times if I had too, but if I wanted to leave, I would not need to ask permission. He agreed and I told him we would work on this. I also had apologised in advance for any bitchy moments that came with the pregnancy. He had laughed and kissed me.