Epilogue

Hello everyone, so here is the epilogue. I would just like to thank everyone who have read and loved my characters and storyline as much as I have. So enjoy this last chapter and please comment!!!

Jennifer slowly awoke in her bed, she stretched her arm out to find that the other side of the bed was vacant. It was still night time as she sat up to look around. She got out of bed when she saw the glass doors to the balcony were open. Rubbing her face as she walked over, she knew he would be standing there.

Mason was staring out at the city but was really a world away in his mind. Jennifer saw that his hands were tightly gripping the balcony as he stood there. She slowly came up next to him and gently placed her hand over his. He snapped his attention to her.
"Can't sleep?" She asked him sleepily, he nodded.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked him, he shook his head.
"Just some old memories I'd rather forget." She knew what he was meaning. This happened at times, his memories of being in the Hydra Base would aggressively hit him. She snuggled herself into him which he accepted by wrapping his arms around her.
"What happened there was horrible. But your away now, that was five years ago." She soothed as they stood, he sighed.
"I know. I'm lucky to even be standing here right now." He spoke as he looked out to the skyline once more.
"I just needed to feel the air on my face was all...." She knew why. He never saw the outside world when he was trapped, the air reminded him that he was free. That he wasn't stuck miles underground being experimented on. Being kept under a drugged haze till the day his parents and Jennifer rescued him.
"I know. You don't need to explain yourself to me." He kissed her forehead as she said this.
"What did I do to deserve you?" She smiled up at him.
"Come back to bed. We'll keep the doors open." She asked him. He let her lead him back to bed before snuggling up together.
As they fell asleep in each others arms, both of them thought of the struggles they had gone through together in the past five years alone. Though Mason still had the odd bad day. Jennifer stood by him regardless and that made their relationship all the stronger.
As they drifted off, the pair of them couldn't of been happier.