Chapter 13

Here's the next chapter!!! I hope you enjoy!!!

Third person P.O.V
The phone ring out at the other end as Bruce sat there with the phone still in his hand.
"Did we get her location Skye?" He heard Colson behind him quietly ask her as she had been trying to locate her.
"She's in Warsaw Poland." Bruce slowly placed the phone back on the receiver as Colson and his team went off to try and catch up with her. He ruffled his hair as he sat by that phone. That silent mocking phone. A hand rested on his shoulder then. He looked to see Mel's hand with a face of equal comfort. Slowly and silently she pulled him into a hug as they both worried about the children they hold dear. Snow gently drifted outside as they sat in Stark Tower like this. Bruce pulled out of their hug and sat there not sure what to say or do.

"She says that she won't come home till she is done." He spoke softly to Mel.

"Well she did say that in her letter Brucy." Tony chimmed in from his seat. It was true though. the letter she had left but a week ago stated that and her reasons for it. Steve looked to the wall clock.
"I'm sorry Mel but we need to go see Mason." Steve spoke quietly. Mel looked to her husband then to Bruce. Bruce patted the hand that still rested on his shoulder.
"Go. Mason needs you right now." Was all he said. Mel knew better than most how Bruce was feeling just now. She had seen this worry in him when she had returned from Thailand. How long ago that was yet she knew that expression for she had seen it when she was the object of it.
"She'll come home soon." Was all she could say before getting up to go.

Melody's hands trembled as she was about to go into her son's ward room. They were going to move him after New Year so he will feel more 'comfortable' yet she could not see how a man who didn't know who he was would feel better in a room that was and was not familiar. She loved her son with every part of her soul yet seeing him like this, not knowing who he or anyone else was, made her ache beyond anything else.
Steve intertwined his hand in hers to steady it. She looked from the door to his eyes. His eyes that were still as dazzling as the day they met. He wore a small encouraging smile that he knew would comfort her before she pushed the door open.
Mason was already awake.
He sat there staring out the window at the snow. He was looking healthier than he had when he first came but things were still slow. He was still a ghost, still a whisper. Melody chapped the door slightly. Mason turn to them and smiled weakly. It had helped that he knew his parents, it made him feel easier about where he was.
"Merry Christmas." Melody smiled as she and Steve hugged him individually.
"Merry Christmas." Mason said. His voice sounded weary. It was only two days ago had they removed the restraints he wore. Steve handed him a present. Mason opened it to find his golden baton inside. He lifted it with a confused expression upon his face. It felt familiar to him.
"It is yours. We found it in your apartment not long ago. We thought it might help." Steve explained as Mason held it. He had no idea what it did but something hinted that it was special.
"I'm sorry but I never got you anything." He spoke politely. Mel held her sons free hand.
"You're alive. You're here. That is the perfect present." She told him. They talked for a while about how heavy the snow was outside till the subject turned when Mason said.
"I hope I'll remember the snow days." Their was a long pause.
"Mason. We weren't sure how to bring this up." Melody began.
"But........Colson had suggested that maybe it would be good if....." Steve had continued for her.
"If I was to take up some form of therapy?" Mason finished for them. They nodded there heads.
"I know. That doctor..... What's her name.....Simmons had suggested it yesterday. I start after new year."
"That's great Mason." Melody encouraged. Mason sighed,
"I want to remember stuff. I want to know who all the people who keep coming in are. I want to......" Know who the brunette girl is. He didn't finish the sentence for he hadn't told anyone of the midnight encounter. How strange it had been, yet all too familiar to him. Whoever that girl was, he knew that she was important in some way. Maybe she was his mission partner? old friend? something like that.

All he knew was that his name was Mason James Rogers. His parents are Melody and Steve Rogers. He was safe here. He was different.

That was it.

After a few hours his parents returned to the tower to find everyone in the living room. They all sat with a glass of wine talking. They were all trying to be merry but a shadow loomed over them of the truth that was known to all of them. Jennifer was on a warpath which in her condition could take her life whilst Mason sat with no memory of who he really was.

"You know, we are like Jennifer right now." Tony finally stopped the false merryment

"What do you mean?" Mel questioned.

"She might be an Avenger but she is ex-S.H.E.I.L.D. She knows how they work, she once had the same position as Colson in places all over the world. She can disappear into the shadows and no one would know where she is. We are chasing a shadow, just like she is." They all looked at each other.

"We need to try and contact her again. Tell that this mission of hers is causing more problems than solutions." Steve stated.

"But how?" Bruce questioned.

"Am I the only one who is seeing the obvious here?" Tony asked aloud. They all looked at him. He sighed as he clicked the button for the coffee table hologram screen to come up. It showed a map of Europe.

"As we know, we have been one step behind Jen since she left right." A green line came up showing exactly were she had been up till Warsaw.

"Think about the only place were a psychotic millionaire on the run could go and not be disturbed by anyone. Better yet could even get the best security money could buy." A red dot landed on Russia. It seemed so clear to all of them now that it was there he would of gone.

"I then went through some files on Jen's old account on the computers to find that there is a safe house in Moscow where her old pal Natile is running Russian S.H.E.I.L.D."
"So that is where she is heading then. " Bruce spoke,
" Right. What we'll do is send one of the team there and talk sense into her. She can't hang up on someone who is right in front of her." Tony convinced everyone.
"It's a good plan. But one question." Clint began,

"who do we send?"