Chapter Thirteen: The Sound of Silence

Start from the beginning

"I mean why the hell are they acting like this?" Gray said, raising his head and gesturing at Lucy. "Laxus and Cheria seemed like they were completely possessed but Natsu..." Gray pressed his fingers through his hair, scratching the back of his head and sighing. "Natsu seemed normal. I don't understand...why would he attack Lucy like this? This isn't like him at all."

"Gray-sama." Juvia said and he raised his eyes, looking to her. She swallowed, raising her hand hesitantly and placing it against his own. He was startled by the action, blinking at the way her soft fingers wrapped around his own as he raised his eyes to hers.

"We'll figure something out. Juvia knows that we will be able to save everyone. Gray-sama should worry about getting completely healed so that he can be prepared to help save our friends." She said and Gray smiled softly. "Gray-sama?"

"You're one to talk." He said with a chuckle and her eyes widened. "Thank you, Juvia." Gray turned his eyes towards the bluenette and she smiled widely.

"Of course, Gray-sama."

***

"Is she dead." Pierre asked, his arms crossed. Saytas was glaring at Akami and Evalyn, the two girls staring at the floor. The dim room was illuminated only by a few candles held in iron candle holders, dripping wax and waving despite there being no wind. Haruka, Young Ra and Rei Si stood against the door, watching in interest as Pierre walked forward.

"Is. She. Dead." He repeated, his voice ice and Akami shook her head. Pierre slammed his hand down on the wooden table between them and the two girls jumped back, Evalyn's shoulder colliding with Saytas' chest. "You're telling me that you sent Salamander to kill her and he couldn't even do that?! You risked all of our reputation when he came running back here like a lost puppy!"

Evalyn raised her eyes to look at Pierre but let out a surprised sound as a hand was pressed against the back of her head and she was slammed into the opposing wall, her skull slamming against the cement. Akami was sent flying the other way, her small figure crashing into the wall opposite of Evalyn.

Haruka snickered, a smile twisting its way onto her features causing Young Ra to flick her in the back of the head.

"I can't even look at you." Pierre scoffed as Evalyn placed her hand against her bleeding nose. Akami stared up at Pierre in shock, tears welling in her eyes. "We attack tomorrow....and we capture Salamander and Gajeel Redfox's loved ones. Maybe then we can continue with our plan if you two, don't mess it up." With the accusation, Pierre glared at the two injured girls before waving a hand of dismissal.

Evalyn walked over to Akami, holding out her hand. The small girl slapped the gesture away, her chin quivering as she ran as fast as she could out of the room. Evalyn sighed, pulling her hand away from her nose to look at the damage.

"Here." A voice said and she turned her head, her eyes widening when she found its owner.

"Saytas-sama..." She murmured, taking the cloth he held out towards her. She bit down on her lip as he placed his hand on the small of her back and led her from the room. "Forgive me." She said, bowing. "I under estimated Gray Fullbuster's strength...I failed you."

"Evie. Raise your head." His smooth voice said and she obliged, raising her eyes to meet his. Saytas' green eyes stared down at her, his shaggy hair falling into them. "You haven't failed me." His hand reached up and cupped her cheek, his thumb brushing against her cheekbone. "I think I have something for you...or at least...an idea for you."

Saytas' voice was caramel and Evalyn shivered, her eyes fluttering shut. His hand was large as he moved it from her cheek to her shoulder. "Consider it as my gift to you, my pet."