Chapter Twelve: Anti-Magic

Oh my goodness thank you so much for all the comments last chapter! They meant so much to me that I still have such a supportive audience. Ugh I love you all so much.

Also, my book that I'm publishing. Do you guys want to read the first draft? I mean, I think maybe you would since that's the reason this books getting once a month updates. I'll be publishing it on WattPad soon so please, if you don't mind checking it out? It's called Quietly Beautiful and I hope that you all love James and Margie's love story as much as you seem to love Natsu and Lucy's :)

This week's chapter is going to be dedicated to my great grandpa who passed away on the night of February 24th. He was always encouraging me to be as amazing as I could be and telling me he would be the first to buy my book as soon as it got published. He may have passed before then, I know he'll be right there with me every step of the way. I love you, Papa.

I'll see you next month!

-Dylan

-------

It was day light when Juvia woke up. Her blue eyes slowly focused on the ceiling above her, making her focus on one of the dirty spots on white surface. She frowned slightly, knowing that her apartment had no dirty spots...and that her ceiling was blue so she turned her head slightly to the right, being greeted by a large window that looked outside.

'Fairy Tail?' She thought to herself before turning her head to the left and blushing deeply.

Gray lay there, his eyes closed and his breathing serene. His head lay on the spot next to her left thigh and his hand rested only a few inches from her waist, the ebony strands of his hair dancing slightly across the sheets as a cool breeze entered through the cracked window. Juvia blinked, raising the hand that had been resting across her stomach to his head and touching his hair.

'So soft...' She realized as her fingers brushed slightly through her beloveds hair. He remained slightly, flinching silently as her fingers brushed his ear but remained quiet, his breathing steady and his back rising and falling with each slow breath. Juvia swallowed, realizing just how dry her throat was and blinked her eyes a couple times as they attempted to refocus on the man at her bedside.

She needed water, which was strange considering that she was a water Mage and her hand moved to his, surprisingly, clothed shoulder.

"G-Gray-sama." She murmured softly, her voice hoarse as she shook his shoulder to rouse him. "Gray-sama." She said again, slightly louder and more persistent, causing Gray to rouse. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and looked at her in a sleepy haze before a smile slowly captured his features.

"You're awake." He said, causing Juvia's eyes to widen.

"Was Gray-sama...worried?" She asked softly and he shrugged, causing her hand to fall from his shoulder and back to the bed. She smiled softly at his indifferent response as she drew in a breath. "Um...Can...Would Gray-sama mind getting Juvia some water?" She asked and he nodded, standing and shoving his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Of course." He said, smirking at her before turning to leave the room.

"U-Um Gray-sama." She said, causing him to turn and look at her, his hand resting on the door handle of the infirmary. "Gajeel-kun?" She asked and his face fell.

"We...still haven't found them." He said and she frowned, nodding. "I'll go get my you that water." He said, causing her to look up at him as he left the room. Juvia's heart was racing and she pushed herself up into a sitting position, hands clenched on her lap as she leaned against the head board.

When Gray returned, he found Juvia with her head tucked, blue hair shrouding her face like a curtain. By the way her shoulders were jerking, he knew she was crying. He blinked a few times and his face softened slightly as he walked back to the bed and placed a tentative hand on her shoulder. "Juvia?" He asked softly and she sniffed, burying her face into her hands. "Juvia." He tried again and she looked up at him.