Bittersweet

---Thomas' POV---

Professor Andrew's Study was so boring. I huffed and sighed, quickly bowing over my work as I earned myself a frustrated glare from our teacher. Instead I just lifted my pen and tried to look for the answers the man so cleverly hid in his books.

Open book exams sounded so easy but in reality, it wasn't. Thank gods this was just a teaser, according to Andrews. He didn't want his students to fail, so he made this small test.

A knock on the door caught everyone's attention before the secretary poked her head in and exchanged a few whispered words.

"Ah class, it seems like we have a new student. Class, I want everyone to welcome David Brown. Ah, take a seat next to Mr. Jones." I glanced up at my name after finally having found the page and then let my pen drop.

Holy mother of gods... The teen that walked over to me was stunning in more ways than one. As he settled down beside me, I realized I had been holding my breath and let it out in a deep sigh. The boy, David, glanced at me curiously before smiling warmly.

It was a wonder I was able to focus on my books and finish the test, all the while heavily blushing. I could feel David's eyes lingering on my body and as class finished, I was surprised when the boy grabbed my wrist and smiled warmly.

"What's your name, cutie?"

I had blushed even harder, fumbling with my books. "Thomas." I replied, watching a smile bloom on his face as he reached up and brushed my cheek. "Wanna have lunch together?" His confidence washed over me while I blushed even harder; this godlike man just asked me out!

"Sure." I grinned, biting my lip to hide my excitement, feeling his thumb on the corner of my mouth before he winked. "Time to wake up Thomas."

I frowned, not understanding what he meant.

"Thomas..."

"Thomas, your breakfast is gonna get cold if you don't wake up." Debora's voice was like a splash of ice water, making me jolt on the bed as I opened my eyes. Sitting up instantly, I frantically looked through the room, trying to cling onto David's voice, his laughter ringing in the air, the twinkle in his eye when he asked me out that day.

It was a dream... a beautiful memory intertwined in a dream... A tear slipped over my face before I rubbed it away sharply. Tears weren't going to bring him back... Nothing would.

Swallowing heavily, I slowly pushed myself up, wincing at the deep throbbing ache in my leg. Last night's fall, trashing and bumping into stuff must've taken quite a toll out of the healing tissue.

A soft trickling sound made me look to the right, only to see the rain trickling down the windows. I nearly scoffed as the weather seemed to resemble my mood just perfectly. Dark gray skies, black clouds and lots of rain to accompany my dark and depressed thoughts.

My fingers bumped against the glass of cool OJ before I grabbed the glass, gulping the contents and shivering slightly. "Not to your taste it seems." Debora chuckled, making me shrug as I looked at the plate of crispy bacon, scrambled eggs and fresh bread with little interest.

"Do you want me to get anything else as juice?" She asked softly, rubbing her thumb soothingly over my knee when I felt my throat swell slightly. Fiddling with my fingers, I sighed softly.

"Apple cherry, if you have it." I whispered hoarsely, my throat extremely sore from screaming last night. If she heard the scratchy quality of my voice, she didn't remark on it and only nodded before slipping out of the room.